No Mango Yet for me

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by Rich Varenas, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Rich Varenas

Rich Varenas Member

It's near noon for me and I haven't see any update yet. I do have my Focus v1.3 connected via USB with Zune open. Do I need to signin?

-Rich
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You shouldn't even have to plug your phone in. The phone itself will look for updates.
  3. Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson New Member

how do you know which version you have? i have a focus
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

settings/about/more info - OS Version
  5. Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson New Member

it says 7.0.7392.0 is this v1.3 or 1.4? i dont wanna wait til october for mango!
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You should just prepare for the worse.
  7. Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson New Member

-gets down on knees- nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(
  8. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I copied this from the interweb. Some say it tricks zune into giving you an update.

1. Start Zune
    2. Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
    3. Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
    4. Start the update search in Zune
    5. About 3 seconds later(or immediately), disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
    6. Zune finds Mango-Update. Press OK.
    7. Connect to the internet again and install the update.
  9. Rich Varenas

Rich Varenas Member

How long did it take to update?

-Rich
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Well I was coming from 7720 so it only took 20 mins for me. I'm not sure how long it will take from NoDo. It also made a restore, so it could depend on how much stuff you have on your phone.
  11. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Did you pull your battery? The information is right on the back of phone.
  12. Seph DeMtl

Seph DeMtl New Member

http://www.wpcentral.com/force-mango-update-early-through-zune-software

This worked for me. Just a bit diff from the above post, in case that didn't work for you.
    I didn't need to turn off wifi or anything on my phone. Just pulled out the lan wire from pc a second after hitting update... wait a few secs and zune shows the update... had to update a couple of times to get to Mango, final.
  13. Ita Feliciano

Ita Feliciano New Member

This is not working on Zune for a Mac computer. Any suggestions??? I am so frustrated with this.
  14. yoninrod3

yoninrod3 New Member

Not working for me either. I get to the first update part..but then it gives me a message that the update couldn't be finished because of an 8018008 error.
  15. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Here's more information on the 8018008 error. Not sure if it'll be helpful or not.
  16. jtzako

jtzako New Member

I cant get the 'trick' to force an update to work. I do have a Focus 1.3 (can see it under the battery inside the phone). I've tried disconnecting internet from 1 second and by 1/2 second increments through 5 seconds and it will think a while (30 seconds to 5 minutes variable) then say it cant check for updates due to no internet connection.

I may try wiring my computer to the router instead of wireless and try again that way to see if it helps.
  17. yoninrod3

yoninrod3 New Member

Thanks..Tried it but didn't work either.Guess I'll wait for the so called official update.
  18. yoninrod3

yoninrod3 New Member

Ok..I finally got it figured out and my Focus is now officially a Mango. There were a couple of things I was doing wrong. So I searched and searched and finally got the answer for how to fix the 80180041 error message and then force the Mango update. Here are some tips:

1- Connect the usb cable of your phone on one of the usb ports that are behind your desktop or laptop. Don't use an Usb hub or front port.

2- The problem with my phone was that it was one of the "walshed" ones. That was the reason for the 80180041 error message when trying to update to 7392. I've used the Walshed recovery tool couple of times but the problem was still there. But then I found out what I was doing wrong. And this is the key to all of this folks, so read carefully. When you open the Walshed recovery tool, it asks you to checkbox which keyboard languages are installed on your phone. The trick is in checking all the boxes, not just the one from the keyboard you're using. So check you phone settings and see how many keyboard languages are installed on your phone and then check all that apply on the Walshed recovery tool,which is usually all of them. After that I was able to force the update to 7392. Had to force the 7403 update too but then the 7720 came automatically. The whole procedure took about 40 minutes to complete.

• 3- The disconnect trick is all about timing. In my case, The Zune software took about 4 seconds to tell me that my software was up to date. So when I tried the second time, I disconnected my wi-fi connection at second number 3. Two seconds later the available update message appeared on my screen. Like I said before, I had to do this twice to force the 7392 and the 7403 update.
    Hope this helps ;)