no internet on my phone after flashing to wm 6.1 (Sprint)

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by mrgiraffe, Aug 21, 2010.

1. mrgiraffe

mrgiraffe New Member

no internet on my phone after flashing to wm 6.1 (Sprint)

I'm borrowing my friends hand-me-down phone which is the moto q9c and it had windows mobile 6 on it. I wanted to have 6.1 so I flashed it using a flash file I found on this site for sprint. which is http://www.mediafire.com/?mymylmmnoyz.

I used rsd lite to flash it, after I flashed it, I can't seem to connect to my data service. (everything else works, but the internet doesn't).

Being a total newbie at this, I didn't know I had to use some QPST program to back up some info before flashing it.

Is there a way to fix this? is there some default settings file out there I can put on my phone to restore it? I was reading somewhere people were using a program called radiocomm to fix a service code or something. I'm totally clueless...

Somebody help... Thanks in advance!
  2. ryant35

ryant35 Member

When I flashed my phone from WM6 to 6.1 it took a master reset before it worked properly. It did keep the 6.1 flash.

I know there are ways to flash your phone back and someone else here can help you with that. But in the mean time try a master reset.
  3. mrgiraffe

mrgiraffe New Member

Everything was working fine before I updated my phone. I was on the phone with sprint, and they guided me through everything, even a master reset too, but that didn't help. I think of the representative told me the reason why the data can't go online anymore is because the update changed the service code to all "000000". It's suppose to be another 6 digit code. I have it but I'm not sure If I should give that out over the web.

If you think u have another spt master update. That would be great!
  4. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

why wouldn't you not post it on the net?
  5. mrgiraffe

mrgiraffe New Member

do you need it to fix the problem?
  6. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

need what?
  7. mrgiraffe

mrgiraffe New Member

my service code
  8. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

why don't you try it, you said you had it but wasn't sure if you should post it on the net. still not sure why you wouldn't post it.
  9. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

what kind of info are you talking about? if you're meaning like contacts, pictures, mp3s, etc....then no, there is no way to recover it.
  10. mrgiraffe

mrgiraffe New Member

default settings meaning windows mobile 6.0 for sprint. the default windows mobile that came with the phone.
  11. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

i've read that once you upgrade the to 6.1 you can't go back to 6.0. but then again ryant posted a few post back that he knows there are ways to flash it back.
  12. ryant35

ryant35 Member

I don't know about Sprint, but I have seen roms for the older versions of WM.