no data plan but im not beign charged for usage?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by uninc4709, Jul 1, 2008.

1. uninc4709

uninc4709 New Member

no data plan but im not beign charged for usage?

hey all, i recently decided to test out the web when i need a red box code on day, it took 803kb and i didnt get charged. i know every like MB its 2.99 or something but i have recently decided to test this and at the end of my bill, my bill was the same. i have unlimited text, pic, and video messaging that about all does verizon just think im sending a bunch of videos that are really big or what?
  2. No they probably haven't caught on to it with your billing.
    Consider yourself lucky.
  3. Thomas M

Thomas M New Member

You will probably be billed for it still. When I got my q the sales rep said he was putting me on a data package but didnt (and the one he told me was only for regular phones not pda/smartphones). I checked the data usage number several times during the first month saying I had no data usage but my first months bill had the charges for the data......Speaking of which I havent gotten a confirmation for the second month credit via text yet.....time to call CS
  4. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

verizon will prolly catch it if not ur 1 lucky man..........
  5. uninc4709

uninc4709 New Member

hmm ha i guess ill have to stop. but ive got one bill payed so we will see how expensive the next bill is. also i downloaded VZAppzone (to get Mobile IM) and also didnt get charged for that if there is a fee
  6. WVOz1970

WVOz1970 New Member

I have gotten numerous bills showing "previous unbilled usage" in my data section. I am on an unlimited plan, so there is no charge... but they do eventually catch up their billing. Hopefully you will be lucky and skate by.
  7. backdown00

backdown00 New Member

Actually a smartphone is 15$ per MB used, crazy high priced... its i beleive .015 per kb or something like that.
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

$15 no way
    its either 1.99 or 2.99
  9. trdspectacoma

trdspectacoma New Member

that is what I thought. but at that price you might as well go for unlmited. better to be safe then sorry. just because at 1.99 per MB you use 15 and that is the price of the plan
  10. backdown00

backdown00 New Member

I cant find it now but what you are referring too is how much a MB costs for non smartphones (such as the lg dare with mobile web), for smartphones and pdas, using the PAYG data plan (pay as you go) incurs a cost of .01536 per kb or 15$ a mb.

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=9002121&postcount=1

Very reliable post on data plans.
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

ah ok just checked the vzw site
    indeed you are correct i had the nonPDA price
    here is the site for per kb
  12. Thomas M

Thomas M New Member

Yeah when I had my "billing issues" the rep told me the 1.99 or 2.99 (cant remember which) was for non smart phones and the smartphones PDA rate was $15. Makes sense because the "issue" was for $131 in data usage for something over 8meg when the store salesman told me I was on a data plan.....
  13. uninc4709

uninc4709 New Member

huh well i guess the VZ rep i talked to said it was 2.99 a MB for the Q i have that convo saved so if i get charged ill just bring that in and show them whats up. ha 15 a meg is rediculous
  14. backdown00

backdown00 New Member

I don't think it matters if you have what saved or not, do you really want to put yourself in that position of you vs a 90 billion dollar company? you know what the rep is said is not right, you are just playing with fire heh.
  15. coolguy827

coolguy827 New Member

So what, a 90 billion dollar company that steals and cheats every chance it gets all on top of an incredbly high priced bill(more than any of carrier by FAR).
    And if you know what your doing you can easily get your moneys worth for anything in your desire. Don't think just because they arae bigger they aer smarter, take your time ask for a customer service manager and your desires should be fullfilled.
  16. uninc4709

uninc4709 New Member

either way i just got my bill, was charged 2.99 for data usage... not complaining right now ill post up exactly what my plan is but verizon wont let me view that info right now. we will see were it takes me in the future. and backdown i highly doubt anything huge will happen, if i argue enough that i got billed against what i was told they will give it to me most likley. they want to keep us all customers because they know they are high priced so they will extend themselves a ways to make us happy...er
  17. backdown00

backdown00 New Member

What I am stating is you know what the proper rate is, you are just going to go based on what a CR told you even though you know it to be incorrect to circumvent the system and get away with something. If so, That is your business, but when you try to screw big companies, they normal are very good at redistributing the cost to you so they are in fact not getting screwed.

Companies have prices and rates for a reason, you can choose to follow them and be with that company, or, a great thing about America is there is competition all over, you can take your business elsewhere if you are not happy with the prices of what company X are asking. Trying to "beat" the system may really hurt the end user in the end.
  18. uninc4709

uninc4709 New Member

well i didnt put 2.99 on my bill so they could havejust as well charged all 15 but they didnt