nintendo nes games on the Q

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by gsdpwd, Aug 2, 2006.

1. GotToast06

GotToast06 New Member

Incase ne one's lookin for a way to get ride of that screen that tells you the TgetFille is a trial here it is... Install TgetFille then use this zip file, download, unzip and repace the tgetfile.dll in your \Windows directory with the one u just unzipped... tadaa :laugh2: I forget where I found this during my trials of getting this emulator working, whoever you are Thanks!

View attachment 2290

JUST FOUND THE ANSWER TO EMULATOR/Q/SMARTPHONE PROBLEMS!!

Well most of them ne ways, cured mine at least, so it should help others. Especially if you're annoyed with your screen being flipped with PocketNesterPlus... now it'll just be stretched slightly and all the buttons will work and everything you touch will turn to skittles... it's way past my bedtime LOL! Also included are the ported emulators for Genesis, SNES, GameBoy Color, & M.A.M.E. (whatever mame is, you'll have it too) Also a FileDialogSP.dll but I don't know how to get that to work, so any help on that would be appreciated...

http://www.modaco.com/content/Smartphone-Software-Games/232517/Smartphone-Game-Emulators-for-C550/

I can't believe this thread goes back to 2005!

UPDATE 02/20/08...
    Version 1.53 for the PocketSNES seems to work best for me (Q9m), the modified one from the link above rotates the display and won't play .fig files. But the modified version of PocketNESTER (PocketNester_QVGA_14_01_06.rar) is still the best I've found, haven't tested the others yet.... here's the link to PocketSNES 1.53 (PocketSNES153.rar) And here's the thread: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=Print&client=printer&f=38&t=237589

Ok maybe not PocketSNES 1.53 has been hangin up on me... either starts to launch and freezes or just get a black screen of death ;) the only way out without reseting is to press the txt msg button>home>Start>tasks> KILL EM ALL!... and it's usually faster to reset. The other PocketSNES I was using worked great on non .fig files but the screen would stay landscape :(

Attached Files:

2. dmastermind

dmastermind New Member

Do u actually need the mini sd or can go do this without it?
  3. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

i don't see why you would NEED a sd card

potQ
  4. dmastermind

dmastermind New Member

Oh ok thanks
  5. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

no problem at all!:2cool:
  6. JasonADF

JasonADF New Member

I had everything working but then I installed gnuboy and pocket nester plus stopped working so i deleted gnuboy and pocketnesterplus and now when i click on pocketnesterplus to download it on my phone it says that it isnt a valid win32 application. can someone plz help me??
  7. That One Guy

That One Guy New Member

I have installed pocket nester and the tget files on my phone,I put them in my Storage Card File and i cant figure out how to make it all run, What do i need to be doing different. HELP PLEASE.........
  8. Tristan944

Tristan944 New Member

Im running PocketNesterPlus 0.9 on my Q9c. The game loads and I changed the Controller to how I want it. But when I click the button I set as "Start" or "Select", the PocketNester "File" and "Options" show, instead of loading the game.

How come it wont load the game?
  9. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Are you trying to open the Zip file or the Cab??
    If the Zip, that needs to be on your PC... only if it's already the Cab can you open it on your Q.

Did you follow all the steps in this guide??
    http://www.qusers.com/article.php/20060724213821271

Once you press PocketNester, you then have to press 'File', then 'Open Rom',
    then you get the tGetFile SDK message which you just press OK (no worries about the trial message), then it should open up the list of the NES Roms you have on your Q.
    After that is when the start and select functions come into play...
  10. That One Guy

That One Guy New Member

I figured i would just start all over again and delete my old stuf .and i cant register as a member to modaco.com . does someone have a link to a site that i can git pocketnester.
  11. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

OK, so it's another PocketNesterPlus 0.9 question!
    I've read all the instructions and followed them, i believe, 100% as directed.
    I can load the games, I can even move my character but one thing I can't do is jump in Super Mario or fire in Galaga/Space Invaders! I've mapped my keys as instructed but still I can't jump/fire. I really hope it's something obvious!
    Anybody care to help.
    Thanks in advance
    Craig

EDIT: I don't know if it's a issue but when I click om menu I can't get back into the game as the screen says 'touch the screen to restart' have I installed the right version?
  12. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Let me put it this way...."Am I using the right version? I have the Q9c on Alltel and I'm currently using PocketNesterPlus0.9, is this the right version for me?
  13. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

American Football (S)NES Game

So I've persisted on my own, (well I didn't get any help did I!), and it's all going well. As it turns out I was mapping the 'Q' key to either the A or B button and it wouldn't work, after I mapped it to a different key everything is working. IT'S AMAZING, so many games all working on my Q!

One of the first games I've be playing is 10 Yard Fight which is amazing basic but quite enjoyable, however, can anyone recommend a more involved American Football game for either the NES or SNES that I would enjoy?

Craig
  14. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Looks like I'm talking to myself. :angry: