nintendo nes games on the Q

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by gsdpwd, Aug 2, 2006.

1. sivart

sivart New Member

I GOT IT!!!! I JUST HAD TO CHECK "SHOW ALL 240 SCANLINES".

Now I gotta figure out how to adjust the volume... and play. for some reason, the demo works, but i can't start to play.
  2. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Cool... you're getting there...

Did you set the keys for start, select, A , & B??

Like the instructions say to set the Q key as the 'start', the W key as the 'select', the O & P as the 'A' & 'B', and lastly the M key as the 'menus'.

Some NES-ROM games need for you to select which game, or how many players before you can press start.
  3. sivart

sivart New Member

Thanks!! For some reason, all the changes I make don't stay when I stop playing the game. Each time I open a game, I gotta change all the settings including all the controller settings. pain in the butt.

I still haven't figured out the volume settings yet, so I'm playing with no sound cause its fricken loud!!!

any ideas how to fix those things????
  4. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Did you get this tGetFile.dll installer? It's what helps save your settings and alows you to resume games AFAIK.

As for the volume, I press menus, then just press the toggle scroll button on the left to adjust the Q's volume.
  5. sivart

sivart New Member

yeah, it looks like i have that version... i think.

as for the volume issue... it didn't work. i've tried all sorts of things. call someone and activate the speakerphone then lower the volume... didn't work. adjust the volume when using the phone...didn't work.

i dunno.

thanks for all of your help, but do you have any other suggestions? i know there is a new version of the tgetfile, like version 50 or something. heard about that one? maybe it'll solve all my problems. :)
  6. mrs.viv07

mrs.viv07 New Member

i'm clueless

i got the Q about 2 weeks ago for my bday, and i love the fact that i can sync my outlook since i have so much going on with my son, anyway on those free moments i wanted to beable to play games but soon found out that the Q does not have verizon's get it now for ringtones and games, bummer i love Zuma! so i happended upon this iste and have now managed to download the pocket nester and the other zip file to mage folders i assume and they seem too be on my Q problem is i don't kknow what to do with games, even if i have to buy a couple from i don't where, can someone give me a step by step of what to do to get the game to work on my Q?
    TIA
    and i aoplogize for sounding soo technology impared!
  7. Marvelous Merv

Marvelous Merv New Member

I'll be honest - I installed Pocket NESter, went through all the set up, downloaded a few roms and while I was able to get it working (after a fashion), I have to say that I didn't find it to be a terribly satisfying gaming experience...
  8. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

As compared to other Cell Phone games???...LOL:tounge:

Best cell phone video games I've played so far... :wink:
  9. mrs.viv07

mrs.viv07 New Member

so far i have downloaded tGetFile by clicking on "tgfdllsp43e.zip" for Smartphone, CE 3.0 or higher. to my computer. the i Unziped tgfdllsp43e.zip.
    I Copied the unzipped files to my Q
    I also downloaded pocketnester, Unziped PocketNesterPlus on my pcand the copied PocketNesterPlus.exe from the zip to my Q

i have a rom that is also on my Q, when i try to go into pocket nester i get a black screen and then i go into file get ROm select the only ROM i have and... nothing happens i go back to a black screen
    i have no idea what i am doing wrong, any advice?:embarassed:
  10. lbmmoh

lbmmoh New Member

anyone getting this to work on a q9h? or WM6?
  11. lbmmoh

lbmmoh New Member

FYI for Q9h users, this can be installed no problem, just follow the instructions.

I just wish more keys can be hit at the same time. In mario you cant run fast and jump at the same time. In contra, you cant shoot in any angle which stinks. But oh well! Maybe there is a registry hack to detect more than 2 buttons?
  12. Marvelous Merv

Marvelous Merv New Member

That was, indirectly, my point when I said it wasn't all that satisfying as a gaming experience.
  13. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

I have mine working, albeit with sound turned off. If I turn sound on, It dramticaly slows the game down and the sound is choppy.
  14. lbmmoh

lbmmoh New Member

if you play around with the sound settings, you can fix that.I also kill all my aps before i start up the NES games
  15. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

Can you submit your settings? I can kill everything except AV. I removed the program, but it is still there.
  16. brad2157

brad2157 New Member

I have a moto Q9 global running WM6 and finally got everything to install and allow me to play games. I had a issue with the screen showing up split, with each the left half showing on the right and vice versa. I was able to fix this by selecting show all 240 scan lines under the "graphics: options. I am now having trouble with the sound. I can either have it full blast or nothing at all. Anyone else having this same trouble? I also can not keep the associate .nes files box checked off. I have to go check it everytime I go into the program. I have followed all the directions and have the TgetFille.DLL file loaded on my phone.
  17. esko06

esko06 New Member

Hey does anyone know if you can put a gameboy emulator and play gameboy roms?
  18. sivart

sivart New Member

got the same problem as you. I can only play games with the sound off, or else I'll wake the dead.:2cool:
  19. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

I followed the instructions, downloaded a Super Mario Bros Rom, clicked open... any nothing happened...
  20. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

did you open the rom in the emulator or from the file manager on the Q?