nintendo nes games on the Q

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by gsdpwd, Aug 2, 2006.

1. biburkho

biburkho New Member

its wont... i think it is because everytime i open pocketnester the "associate nes files" or whatever is unchecked so i have to recheck it every time. I don't know why it wont stay checked?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thats odd...mine doesnt stay checked but after the first time i did it..it managed to keep the association.
  3. Tmoney

Tmoney New Member

I was wondering if anyone is having glitch problems with the controls. Like with super mario bros 3 or street fighter 3 I have problems with controls. If I need to jump and move back it glitchs. Or punching and kicking glitch. What controls do you guys use.
  4. nk2199

nk2199 New Member

hockey- same for me
  5. marjwilliams

marjwilliams New Member

Controls

The problem with the controls is that the Q will only register 2 buttons pressed at the same time. I run into this a lot with the snes games.

I've posed the question in many forums but never get a reply so I assume there's nothing that can be done to fix it but I'll ask again:

Is there any way to hack to Q so that it will recognize 3 simultaneous button presses?
  6. Galls

Galls New Member

Well you cannot play any Super Mario World then, because you need to have direction, run and jump.
  7. VegasJ

VegasJ New Member

hmmmm seems like my button settings and "landscape left" changes aren't saved either.... everytime I load a game I have to goto options, make the changes, but then the game's paused and I have no clue which key normally unpauses!!

all games work though :laugh2:

would be nice to get this running.... my damn Q only came with 2 games. Some wannabe Bejeweled game and *gasp* solitare. :angry:
  8. spike1957

spike1957 New Member

i hav a problem my screen is sideways i tryed to put it in landscape like it sed but it would not let me select it ony it chekect on portrail and wen i press up or down or eney onther key it jumps to backlight or set default what am i doing wrong???
  9. spike1957

spike1957 New Member

my bad

never mind i got it lol
  10. Rags

Rags New Member

Very cool, thanks everyone for the great info!!! I got the NESter to work without a hitch.

I am grooving on this because I want games, but am having a tough time convincing myself to spend $20+ for a game I have no clue if it's worth a crap.

The NESmulator will keep me busy for quite some time.

I found a couple of sites that may be of interest to you all:

This site let's you play NES games on-line for no charge/ no download. In the future I will check out games I am not familiar with for a bit before I d-load the ROM to my Q. This site also has the instructions for some games: http://www.everyvideogame.com/

This site has a bunch of NES game manuals downloadable as PDF's.
    http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?list.11 It's been a loooong time since I played a lot of these games and need kick start of the synapses for some of these games :)
  11. marjwilliams

marjwilliams New Member

Actually you can because the Q will allow 2 keys pressed + the D-pad. It just won't register 3 keys independent of the D-pad.
  12. passingmeby

passingmeby New Member

I got everything installed correctly, and the game even plays.. but even after adjusting the controls they don't do anything when I press them.. whats going on?
  13. brownies144

brownies144 New Member

hey

hi i am new the Q i have read a lot on the forms. I have couple of question.
    First is there any way that i can get pocketnester plus besides that web site.
    Second what softwares do you recommend to put on the phone.
    Third is there any way to check all the message that you have sent.
    Forth how do you add games the Q that are not nes roms
    thanks
  14. iamjames

iamjames New Member

I just got PocketNesterPlus working. Got the exe from here:
    http://www.hellomotoq.com/forums/qool-stuff/987-nes-roms.html
    and followed these instructions:
    http://www.qusers.com/article.php/20060724213821271/print

15. Marvelous Merv

Marvelous Merv New Member

What is the most current version of PocketNester? I am using PocketNester 0.9 and I can't get the screen orientation to change - I see the options but I am unable to actuate them...
  16. sivart

sivart New Member

Dido what he said above...

for some reason, i can't get the screen to display properly. I try to choose the Landscape Left, Landscape Right and Portrait and they all result in the left side of the graphic starting to appear in the middle and then it basically wraps around and pops up on the left hand side.

When the game is paused, it looks okay and I can see the entire screen.

Any ideas??
  17. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

I think this is the same tutorial as the one iamjames linked but looks different and may be more updated with links...

http://www.qusers.com/article.php/20060724213821271

Follow the instructions precisely and you will have it perfect... if it did for me there is no reason why it wouldn't for you guys...
  18. sivart

sivart New Member

Yup, followed that to a T. The only difference is I downloaded a newer version of pocketnester because that's all they have (version 0.9). Those instructions were written in 2006 when they didn't have Windows Mobile 6 so I don't know if that's making the difference.

What the heck is going on???!!!!
  19. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Yeah I have 0.9, but I have Windows Mobile 5.0.... But it shouldn't make any difference, in theory, I wouldn't think... Unsure
  20. sivart

sivart New Member

yeah, i don't know. the screen is just messed up and its impossible to play a game. has no one installed this on WM6?