Nice Wireless Sync Plugin on a Sprint Q! Need some help too.

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by smeg36, Mar 9, 2007.

1. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

Nice Wireless Sync Plugin on a Sprint Q! Need some help too.

I noticed a post where someone had a screenshot of the Wireless Sync plugin on their homescreen. I really liked the look of the icons, and being able to have Email, SMS, Voicemail, and Missed Calls all on one line. I got the .dll required to run the homescreen plugin without having Wireless Sync installed (as I don't use it, I'm on Sprint), and registered it using the same method as the Orange.dll plugin. I have the code in my own homescreen, and got almost everything exactly how I want it. I was just wondering if any experts out there could help me with a couple small issues I have with it (really more cosmetic than functional).

1) Since the Sprint Q doesn't have MMS, I don't really need, nor can I use, the MMS part of the plugin. Any way to remove that? I doubt it since the plugin seems to be pretty set.

2) I don't like the white line at the bottom of the plugin. All the other lines seperating my homscreen plugins are blue. Is there any way to change that? If not, how can I change the color of the rest of the lines on my homescreen to white to match it?

Here's a screenshot of my current homescreen, and the xml code that I am using now. I've tried messing around with adding a COLOR_ALERTRULE tag to the scheme, but it doesn't seem to change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

I was able to edit the homescreen to change all the lines to white. In order to get the BT plugin line white I had to change the shortcut width to 0. When I did that the word Bluetooth no longer shows up on the homescreen. The icon for BT still shows up, as do the icons for active connections. I think I like it better that way actually. Here's a screen shot of my new homescreen. I love the wireless sync plugin.

Attached Files:

3. RFI4U

RFI4U New Member

That layout looks really nice - good job
    Where can I find a copy of the .dll you are using or might you be in the sharing mood?
  4. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

I don't think there should be any problem sharing the .dll as it's easily available for free. If there is though you can easily obtain it free by downloading the Wireless Sync application from the VZW website, install it, and find the HomeScreenNotificationPlugin.dll. You have to register the .dll using the same method as the orange .dll found elsewhere on this site, then insert the code <plugin clsid="{49BBBEA5-A2CC-4b92-B8D5-BC78CDEBB2D3}" name="Noitification" height="35" /> in your homescreen wherever you want the plugin to show up. You don't need the actual Wireless Sync application to get the plugin working, just this .dll placed in your Application Data/Home folder, and registered.

Attached Files:

5. RFI4U

RFI4U New Member

Awesome!! Thanks a lot

I'm having a bit of trouble finding the tool to register the .dll file tho,
    I've searched for a while thru the forums here and can find a few references to it but no link to, or specific name of the tool used. Just a wee bit more help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again :laugh2:
  6. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

You can find the WM5_REGSVRCE.EXE program needed to register the .dll, along with instruction on how to do it, here. That link says how to register the 4orange.dll file. Where it lists 4orange.dll, just replace the file name HomeScreenNotificationPlugin.dll.
  7. RFI4U

RFI4U New Member

You are so The Man!! :2cool:
    Thanks for your help and the lightning fast replies.
  8. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

No prob. Hope you getting it working perfectly. It took me a long time to figure out the annoying white line on the bottom, but it works great for me now.
  9. RFI4U

RFI4U New Member

I got it working straight away with no issues.
    I just got this phone a few days ago but I do so love to tinker..lol
    My theme has no division lines showing except that white one on the plug in and a small one also for the pocket msn plugin. Those two don't seem to respond to changing the border width to "0" at the top of the xml file for the defaults....

Hmm.. I have noticed that this plugin does not display the email from "other accounts" This is an issue for me as I use several emails and check them all from the phone during the day. I will investigate further after I return home.
  10. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

I think it only recognizes email from the Outlook email folders. That isn't an issue for me because I use an Exchange email account, and just have all my other emails forwarded to that one.
  11. RFI4U

RFI4U New Member

I think i just had an epiphany about how much I don't know...lol
    I was reading thru some other posts and came across one from you where you were talking about adding () around a zero and changing from focus to child and other things and it made me think... I have no idea what file he is editing where the commands child or focus are residing.what exactly were you editing? All i know to edit is the xml files in the home folder but it seems to me there is something that I am totally missing.....

Also.. how do you get those nice sharp screen caps of your homepage to post in the forum?

Thanks again man, your very good to help me out so much
  12. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

That was from the homescreen I was working on prior to using the Wireless Sync plugin. I was trying to get Email, SMS, Voicemail, and Missed Calls on a single line. I had to use the orange plugin to place more than one plugin on a line (like the profile and BT plugins in the screenshot earlier in this thread). The child and focus handlekeys are related to the orange .dll. Most of what I know was from trial and error of creating my own homescreen, and reading through the XMLs of others while looking at their screenshots to see what did what.

I don't remember exactly what program I used to get those screen shots. I had to restore my PC from an older backup, and lost the program. There are many different screen capture programs available though.
  13. klurf8881

klurf8881 New Member

yeh id also be interested if someone whos good at programming wants to look at the .dll file and take out the mms icon since we sprint users cant use that anyways, its basically a dead button
  14. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I jsut got Fizz Weather. DO I need a .dll to get it to show on my homescreen?
  15. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

nope....best bet would be to DL a screen that has fizz weather on it and check out the xml code for the plugin and then edit it to make it work for you
  16. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I just DL a couple of Homescreens from this site with Fizz Weather in them, but I have no clue how to edit xml. Wish I did. Making background pictures are easy but the other stuff I have no clue.
  17. n99hockey

use note pad....put them on your desktop and right click and edit in notepad...just look for something that says fizz weather
  18. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Sorry to sound dumb, but I never tried it before. How do I dump the homescreen into notepad?
  19. n99hockey

ok...if he homescreen you want to add fizz is on the Q copy and paste it to your desktop...now take the homescreen you DL'd with fizz on it and unzip it to the desktop...right click over each xml file and scroll to edit with and then hit notepad...do this with both xml files
  20. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Ok I will try it and let you know.