NFL Mobile

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by ChemicalArts, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ChemicalArts

ChemicalArts New Member

NFL Mobile

Does Sprint's NFL Mobile work on the Q9c. The Sprint web site makes no mention of it even though the Q was listed as a compatible device.

Considering getting a Q9c, but haven't decided for sure yet.

Thanks in advance
  2. BryanT

BryanT New Member

I watched the Packers v. Cowboys game on my Q9C via Sprint TV on the NFL network. I assume you won't have an issue.

3. Bryon2k2

Bryon2k2 New Member

You can watch the NFL on Sprint TV, but Sprint NFL mobile is something different. I texted 'NFL' to 7777 and receive the link, but there was an error trying to get the application - so because of this, I'm not sure if the Q9c is compatible with it yet. I will call customer service soon to see whats up.
  4. dmm5157

dmm5157 New Member

NFL MOBILE is a pre-loaded link on your FAVORITES in Internet Explorer on the Q9c. You can't download the application, but it runs on the Q from online. It's not ass smooth or fast as the application, but it works exactly the same.
  5. Dr.Snyder

Dr.Snyder New Member

i downloaded the application on my old Q and installed it, but it merely "ran the program" which in turn "redirected" the browser to the same link one finds in favorites.

thus begging the question: What is exactly NFL Mobile on sprint? i mean i've used the "nfl network" now on my Q9c, but the "nfl mobile" on sprint and in my favorites, is pretty worthless. no video updates like they claim etc. only text news stories and score/fantasy text updates.
  6. Bryon2k2

Bryon2k2 New Member

Yea, I'm confused too. This is a site I found for Sprint NFL Mobile.

http://www.sprintenterprise.com/NFL/

My 'NFL Mobile' favorites IE link sort of looks like this, but its missing alot of the menu icons, most notably Video, NFL Network, and Personalize. Is video only available on Sundays? I want the stuff that's in the commercials!
  7. ChemicalArts

ChemicalArts New Member

I went to that same site for the 'NFL Mobile'. It looked cool on the promo, but the web site was weak. I kind of assumed that when I got the cool Moto Q9c, the highly advertized 'NFL Mobile' would come with it. I was expecting a stand alone app that included streaming Tony Romo and high bandwidth Peyton Manning.
    Does this make believe app actually exist? Not that it really matters, but don't that web site and all the slick ads give you the impression that 'NFL Mobile' is something cool?

In any case, the phone is cool. It's fast and durable and has a great screen. It's actually the first web capable phone that I've bought that lives up to the fast 3G speeds and useful apps that Sprint has been touting for the past 8 years. It's a phone. It's a PDA. It's a GPS navigation device. It's a web appliance that fits in my pocket. Now all I want are real time, streaming passing stats for those 3 hours during the week when I have time to watch the NFL.
  8. danwo

danwo New Member

Right on my brother, right on!