New Youtube app

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Yoda, May 8, 2009.

1. Yoda

Yoda New Member

New Youtube app

I can't remember what version it was exactly pretty sure it was the newest one, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up to not use it. First off it gives u a error when trying to go back after listening to a song and closes the app. Second I noticed my key pad light doesn't come on at all when I have the app open. Third I noticed that for some reason my phone started switching from EVDO to 1X and back and forth. (not sure how the app could do that but I had never seen that happen before in the same location or anywhere else) After that my battery on my homescreen just disappeared and came back and did it again. I immediately uninstalled the program after that. Im not sure if anyone else has had these problems but just wanted to give everyone a heads up on it. If anyone has a link to a youtube app that works correctly it would be appreciated. I've noticed my windows media player skips through seconds in a song and doesn't play it all even though u never here the song skip. Kinda weird I thought.
  2. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Don't know what version you have but the latest standalone version works flawlessly on both my Qs. EVDO 0 & A. Dunno, man. :) -Q
  3. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Works just fine on mine also...
  4. Yoda

Yoda New Member

Are u using version 2.0.11? and did u install on storage card or device?
  5. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

At least half a circle sometimes more. :) -Q
  6. Yoda

Yoda New Member

lol u know what I mean..are u using version 2.0.11?
  7. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

The latest standalone version, not sure the number. :) -Q
  8. Yoda

Yoda New Member

If u don't care will u open it hit the right soft key then go to help then go down to about and see which version it is. I just reinstalled mine a little bit ago just to see which version it was :) I always get a error after hitting the back button and the app closes. I have a feeling u are using a older version
  9. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

v. 2.0.2 :) -q
  10. Yoda

Yoda New Member

Ohh I guess I was wrong :) thanks. Im goin to have to search up for that updated app. One other question for u do u notice the app draining your battery more than if u went to PIE (youtube.com) and listened to the music in wmp? I think that version I was using did
  11. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Well, yeah, it does. More sound, more video will always use more battery power. Yeah, more than just PIE too. :) -Q
  12. Yoda

Yoda New Member

If u go to youtube.com u listen to the same exact music and see the same exact videos...Don't really see why the app would take up so much more battery. If anything I figured it shouldn't take as much to run it seeing as wmp isn't open nor is PIE. I guess that's not the case tho
  13. Yoda

Yoda New Member

Thanks for your quick responses I just found the 2.0.2 version and works great. I have no idea what id do if I didn't have this forum. Prolly would have got rid of my original Q instead of upgrading to the Q9c a week ago :)
  14. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Sure thing . . . always something to learn here everyday. :) -Q
  15. beats

beats Member

how were you able to watch youtube through pie and wmp in the first place? what q do you have?
  16. sherri

sherri Active Member

That's what the TCPMP and Flash Video Bundle is for. It is to watch You Tube (the full site, not mobile) from PIE...
  17. beats

beats Member

thanks a lot.
  18. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

it works!........
  19. sherri

sherri Active Member

^^^^Wahhaaaahhhhaaaa

(courtesy of rudeboy.....)
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

(you forgot 1. make it bold and b. use a smiley regardless behind the laughter.. other than that, great :}