New Year, New me(i hope)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TarHeelsRule!, Jan 8, 2008.

1. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

I can't answer that like I want to. It would excede the PG-13 rating here :) :)
  2. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Piranha, I know it's hard to move on but we must. You know what kinda person you are and what kinda person you deserve. So put the bottle down and get to looking! She's out there, she will accept you for the wonderful person you are and will love your kids like they are her own. But we already came to the conclusion that she ain't knocking on the door, so you gotta get out there.
    Keep your workouts going so when the weather warms up, you can have that 6 pack back and flaunt it.

I am soooo sore!! The workout tonight was especially brutal but I hung in there for as long as I could. I feel it already and I am sure it will be worse tomorrow. But at least tomorrow is a rest day, thank goodness!!
  3. cheri

cheri Active Member

dont worry mike i probably already know any way lol.
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

hehe, I'm sure you do

THR, do you use anything after a workout or the soreness? Icy hot is good, so is rubbin' alcohol
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

the hubby likes rubbin alcohol i think it dries my skin.

Icy hot reminds me of Stuntman Mike ha
  6. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

gotta be careful with the Icy hot. Watched a guy in basic training lather himself up with it, then forgot to was it off his hands before touching his worm :-/ It was a sad day for him, we tried not to laugh too hard in front of him
  7. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Thanks so much for that visual!!

No, I haven't been using anything. Just usually pop to Tylenol and moan everytime I move!!:tounge: Unfortunately I live in a 2 story townhouse so after the workout I only go downstairs if it's really important!
  8. cheri

cheri Active Member

you are really off and running thr!

yeah mike thanx for the visual! at least he didnt get the worm stuck in his throat!

I heard some pretty hilarious stories from my son re bootcamp. That many men stuck together for that period of time bound to create some mischief!
  9. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Cheri, I'm off but I can assure you that I am not running!!!!:angry:
  10. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

glad I could help with that visual :)

it may hurt at the time, but walking will keep you from getting stiff later. Keep up the hard work and soon you will get them heads turning :)
  11. piranah

piranah New Member

got paid $150 to do that...:embarassed:

thanks all for the support...going back to the gym tomorrow, for the first time in almost a month im not going to bed drunk....man gonna be weird tomorrow with no hang over, god help me at the gym, i wont smell booze pouring out when i sweat...lol...
  12. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

dear lord man! How drunk were you? :-O
  13. piranah

piranah New Member

i wish, but i was on prednizone at the time, so nothing really affected me too much...well, the heat felt a little different, but thank god for steroids....thats the only reason i did it, i knew i wouldnt feel a thing....

ps, the fish is back:2cool:
  14. piranah

piranah New Member

jeez, thought you guys had to have sleep......another reason to avoid mike on the roads, he never sleeps....unless he is the machine...in that case....RUUUUNNNNNN:smile:
  15. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

I do sleep..some 18+hr days are normal. The pretty lines do get a little crooked after 30hrs..weeee :)
  16. Geekster

Geekster New Member

OOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
    *I started yesterday!*
    Between percocets, demoral, darvacet, morphine, tylenol, advils, I just want to remind everyone to keep a little journal. It marks your progress, keeps track of days off & on, and if you cheat-eat, mark it down with the day you were having and look for triggers.
    Ok, back to crawling on hands and knees to get upstairs to get dressed.
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

geeze Geekster i dont think its the exercise lol that has you crawling upstairs! jk

Im under pain management myself. so i gotta clue any way.

morphine has such a bad rap its actually very affective in treating pain....no more so addicting than anything else. I remember when my Dr said lets try morphine and I said "isnt that accessive" he said they all are accessive, it depends on the patient the addiction part...if your predisposed for abuse etc.

darvocet was great 14 years ago....now its just a bright pink pill. Generics are not always the same.

Im right behind you gals...wait till i get going lol cant wait!
  18. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Using my trusty Q to keep track of the workout days and how long I last. So far, so good. I am switching to nights now so it will be a little harder because sleeping during the day doesn't always work. Neighbors don't seem to care that not everyone works 9 to 5. When I'm on nights I try to get up early enough to workout before going to work and depending on how much sleep I get makes it harder to roll out of bed to workout.

Geekster, don't start off too fast, especially with your back problems! This is not a race, it's okay to be the tortoise, the end results will be the same.

I'm not feeling as bad as I thought I would today but of course, haven't done much today. Can't sleep anymore because school is out here today and the neighbors kids are right under my window playing tag. Gonna be a long night if I can't get back to sleep.
  19. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Naw, I didn't start off too fast. I just used my trusty dusty treadmill. I'm used to walking but just not the extra miles, that's all. I will slip into a routine with this, again. Always was a runner/walker but just got used to doing nothing. I READ....... a lot. Now if I want to read I make myself get on treadmill to do it (like I have done in the past). That's my "treat" for walking mile after mile. I'll miss just sitting and getting comfy but I'm "trainable". LOL Hope you get some sleep. I hate night jobs. Always felt terrible .....
  20. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

What kind of books do you read. I am a romance novel junkie! The steamier (raunchy) the better. Since I'm not getting any, the more the merrier!!