New Year, New me(i hope)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TarHeelsRule!, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

There is a YMCA about 2 seconds from here, but getting there is the problem. My oldest son has special needs, and that about all I will go into.

It keeps one of us, wife or I, home most of the time. My free time is when she works, but I don't get the chance to get out often enough to make any sort of swimming schedule

30- metabolism isn't what it used to be.
  2. cheri

cheri Active Member

THR! you are starting that is great.

I will soon...my commitment is there its just not there there lol.
  3. cheri

cheri Active Member

My son has autism....and you dont have to get into it re your child. I do have an understanding though....my work is my free time as well. one of us is always home.

Except every 3-4 months for my husbands all day in San Francisco liver transplant clinic, ct, labs and all the other stuff. This time we are going with out Vincent. Its too long of a day for him. The older kids will rotate that day.
  4. piranah

piranah New Member

you and me both,,,although she hasnt come knocking, and ive just given up, so i dont know if i care
  5. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I know, I complain at times but then I really don't make an effort to find someone.

Just finished working out after putting in a 12 work day so I am wore out! But hey, no pain, no gain.
  6. DrQ

DrQ New Member

THR good luck and thanks to all for sharing. After reading this whole thread I feel I know you all a little better and maybe can get back on my exercise and eating right path. Got a birthday later in the month and turning fifty-ten on the 27th.
    New England winter get to my weight and exercise regime. Started doing a little snoe shoeing this year and hope I keep it up.
    Good luck to all and nice to meet off-topic for a bit. Thanks for all the help you've all giving me.
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

31 is when i started working out. i dropped weight like i was on krank...but i wasnt. The old bod was lovin it for years.

You will find your metabolism again...muscle memory...i have faith i will get where i want to and ill save some faith for you too joneyee.
  8. cheri

cheri Active Member

You are on a good roll there THR! what an inspiration to me. Ill catch up soon i got some plans in the works.
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

pirahna...if the deal breaker is the kids there was no deal...ot worth it..my husband took on my son when he was four...i have a friend that is raising her boyfriends 4 kids with him.

You deserve a good woman so do your babies.
  10. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

hey THR my wife and i just joined a gym this saturday....
    i guess you inspired me to get a move on...sitting on a computer all day at work doesnt help keep you in shape
    (also getting winded while playing wii pushed me to do it too)

we went for the first time today and im sure i will be sore in the AM but worth it
    this is the first time i stepped in a gym since i left school a few years ago
  11. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Hockey, glad to have inspired you! You will definitely be sore tomorrow. I am so sore, my legs are really rebelling against the workout but I know that it will pass.
  12. cheri

cheri Active Member

see THR you are and inspiration!
    That is the good kind of soarness though. After I got bursitis under my scapula during a work out a couple months ago. I had to put things on hold. Now that was PAIN. i had to drive with a pillow to prop up my arm...

This thread has me inspired too though...i cant go into details now...but i will soon.
  13. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

sounds like you going pretty good, first few weeks are the hardest. After that you may look forward to working out! :)
  14. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

That's what I keep telling myself, that once the body stops complaining about the change and I start seeing reults in my clothes that I will look forward to working out. I keep picturing myself at the pool for my birthday in July in a sexy bathing suit!
  15. cheri

cheri Active Member

bathing suits are not my friend...lol but for someone (me) that was on swim team i really should get into one.

That gym i was mentioning has an awsome pool...Im really blessed with the staff in the child care and its so secured. Im getting excited!

My hubby was asking for chocolate cake tonight. I was like um there wont be any cake in the house for a while...next birthday is mine.
  16. piranah

piranah New Member

got off track the last week, found out my ex lied to me our whole relationship...so once i crawl out of the bottle ill be back on my routine, maybe thats a good reason to climb...
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

that ex that was sponging off you?
    Not worth your time even thinking about it.

Relationships can come and go...you have good friends here that appreciate you.
  18. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Count me in as a friend, too! As wise men have said: She is beneath your contempt. Ahhh...Good ol' England! ..."SHAG HER". Now your job is to make her jealous b/c she was stupid enough to have lost you! Some ppl go around in life destroying other ppl and lives, I swear! Hang in there-k?
  19. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

^ been there done that. It sux, but try not to be bitter when the next one comes along. Nothing in the bottom of the bottle except a dead worm. :)
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

if its dead why does it wiggle?