New Year, New me(i hope)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TarHeelsRule!, Jan 8, 2008.

1. cheri

cheri Active Member

I give people like ur wife credit. I am just not inspired enough by video. It took me years to find something i liked enough to do it six days a week. I have to force my self to do cardio....i get bored.

The reason I asked about leg press was sneeky many men dont work their legs and have what me and my lady fiends call prison physics...lol all upper body.

No reason to push 300 any way unless your a powerlifter. Sounds like ur in good shape anyway u lucky devil.
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

wife kinda goes in spurts with working out, currently she is in the " I'll start later" mood.

and yea, I've seen those guys too smdh
  3. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Thanks Cheri for the tips....I started back taking a multi-vitamin and am trying to limit my caffeine intake to 1 diet coke a day in the morning like a cup of coffee. Gonna take some doing to change my diet, though. With my schedule it's so much easier to just grab something on the way home or on the way to work.

But I started today!!! Had a long talk with my boyfriend this morning (yes, I know he's not here physically but when things get rough I talk to him) and gotta stop with the excuses. I lasted 30 minutes into a 45 minute workout and I headed straight for the showers. But it feels good to finally take the first step!

Piranha, you gotta get looking even hotter for all the honeys. Can't have you sitting around lonely at your age. Life is too short.

Thanks for the congrats on the grandbaby, according to the ultrasound it's a boy, Deante Andreus. But I am secretly hoping for a girl, just to torment my son. I am gonna take a page out of Rudeboy's book and get his foot print tattooed on me. He's the first and only I hope for a long while.
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

Funny thing i was never into caffiene until after I had Vincent. I have not been able to recover from that as I want to...Most people dont have a horizontal and vertical incisions in their abdominal wall during a cesarean, guess im special that way haha. poor Vincent was a big baby sporting over 10lbs. he was happy where he was lol.

My husband has recovered better from his 6hr surgery! His scar is really nifty. I can post a pic of it, we either call it oragami or the mercedes symbol.

Back to grandbaby that is a nice name! You will be posting pics right!
  5. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

make sure you drink lots and lots of water. Not only will this keep you hydrated, but the frequent trips to the ladies room will provide further exercise :)
  6. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Thanks Mike, I will be sure to stay hydrated. And look forward to the extra exercise running to bathroom.
    Yes, I will be posting pics of Deante. All of my kids initials are DAJ, so he is keeping the tradition going.
  7. Geekster

Geekster New Member

quote=mike250rs;119284]* sigh * I too need to work out, weight was never the issue for me. Only time I was over 160 was with a ruck sack and full combat gear :-/ At one point could run 8+ miles and not be tired..push ups/ sit ups.they got tired counting before i stopped... benched 280..etc Still in fair shape, but no where near where I was..just too much like work :)[/quote]

Hey Mike!
    View attachment 1965 = View attachment 1966

Not that I'm jealous or anything!

Attached Files:

8. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

I can only guess what you posted * mobile*

I was twig growing up, put on 30lbs in army, still kinda skinny :-/

>on topic
    I'm sure youwill pull it off, if not you can look forward to the endless taunting from the EQ members. No pressure! j/k, you will do fine
  9. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I'm glad you and baby are doing ok. I think you will be feeling the affects of that for the rest of your life, one way or another. Nothing is ever easy, it it?

HELLP SYNDROME is no picnic. Our niece had it and we almost lost her. I kept telling her to get to the Dr. & finally dragged her stubborn a** to see her OB. Gave him the symptoms and he took it from there. She was in the hospital that day and stayed until baby was born. She had a hard time recovering from that one, too.

I had neck surgery. Dr fused 3 vertabrie in my neck, donor bone and titanium metal plate with 5 screws holding everything together. It wasn't fun but it had to be done. That kind of slowed me down but I'm not going to let it stop me! Now dealing with herniated disks between shoulder blades & they are going to the grave with me! It's amazing what the body can take and keep doing what it does. Astounds me.
    When ppl ask me how I am my response is (if I know them well enough): Everything hurts and what doesn't hurt doesn't work. :2cool:
  10. piranah

piranah New Member

airports are fun huh?.....in basic i had poison ivy so bad they wanted to rush me to the er after our fun 12 mile march...as they thought it was 3rd degree burns...highest allowable dose of prednizone without killing me and i was back 3 weeks later...it is amazing what the body can do...thank goodness men cant give birth we would get half way through the pregnancy and quit...props to you women...
  11. piranah

piranah New Member

:embarassed:....he he....what sucks is once they find out you have kids, its a deal breaker..... View attachment 1995 ...

Attached Files:

12. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

My wife, who is 135 pounds asked for an elliptical for Xmas, which she got. I am over where Iwant to be by about 15-20 lbs (tho I have lost 60). SO I decided to get back on the wagon and started hitting the elliptical as well.

I watch episodes of Battlestar Galactica while I sweat my tail off (as I am in porr cardio shape) so I don't watch the timer and I get a good 30-40 mins in every other day on it since New year.

I have only lost 2 pounds thus far tho.
  13. cheri

cheri Active Member

joneyee you could up your cardio to twice a day...gawd i really need to love cardio hasnt been my forte in the past.
  14. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

for me the deal breaker is that I can't have anymore kids. as soon as my insurance kicked in 8 yrs ago I had the tubes tied so the kitchen is closed. that someone special is out there I just have to get off my fanny and go find him. unfortunately he hasn't coming knocking and I don't go out at all. so somewhere I've got to find the middle of the road.
  15. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

Yeah I could, but my knee/leg wouldn't do it.

I was shot in Afghanistan, and I have alot of artificial parts in my right leg to go with the Purple Heart.

I put the 60 pounds on after the surgery when I didn't do much for six months. (all of this back when i was in the Air Force).

So I need to get the cardio in, while minimizing the impact on the knee and leg.
  16. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

the dvds I bought have a workout schedule included and I do 2 on, 1 off and 3 on and 1 off. Boy was I glad for that 1 off. My legs are soooo sore. And joneyee I am in really poor shape with cardio too. So I am really huffing and puffing half through the dvd.
  17. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

Well the thing for cardio is slow build.

Right now I do 15 mins on a mid resistance, 15 mins on high resistance and 15 mins back on mid resistance.

As my cardio improves that will go to high-very high-high.
  18. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

that makes me tired reading it, must take nap now
  19. cheri

cheri Active Member

Geekster...man im sorry to hear about your neck surgery. cant even imagine what that is like.

i got HELLP sydrome after delivery. My OB was pumping me with pitocine and my body did not like it I was physically looking like I was blowing up.

I asked for the cesarean after 3 days and the ultra sound tech mentioning Vincent's fuid was low and she wondered why they hadnt gotten him out yet.

There was so little information on HELLP Sydrome even on the net 6 years ago...its all over the place now.

sorry to hear some else had to go through that. My mom said I almost died too...i didnt feel quite that bad but i remember really liking the phenobarbitol.....i just had a hard time with Vincent being so sick and having to leave him there at the hospital did a real number on me emotionally. My mom and the Dr got into it so bad that the nurses bought me a stuffed puppy because i was so saddened by the situation.

Vincent has autism he is a wonderful little boy. I cant help but feel intuitively that the difficult birth has something to do with the autism in his case.
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

joneyee can u swim somewhere.

im glad you are hear to talk about Afganistan. I appreciate your service.

That knee stuff is a PIA. like your wife I like elliptical type machines. I tried recumbant bikes but my hip clicks aint that a hoot. I also like what they calld the gauntlet at my old job...at a gym...basically its a revolving staircase that you can adjust speed. Lots of bang for the buck sweat starts real fast.

You are young the metabolism will kick in.