NEW! Yahoo Go (mobile messenger!)

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by tharmsen, Sep 5, 2006.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i have Verizon also..
  2. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

The new Yahoo Go 2.0 is not supported by the Q. Yahoo just recently upgraded Go. I have the older version and someone on here said Yahoo reposted that link but not sure where.

Trent
  3. My-Q

My-Q New Member

I had a problem find Yahoo Mobile. The only version I could find is the one available through Get it now! I'll take a time and search through Yahoo in when I have the time. Right now, I have to take an American History test! Unsure
  4. gmardre

gmardre New Member

I loaded some type of Yahoo Go!. It works great. I do keep it off to conserve battery live.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

[ot]: i might have confused matters, i was not referring to Yahoo GO but to http://www.zyb.com
  6. kkasten

kkasten New Member

is this an ad for zyb.com?

zyb doesn't do anything near the things that yahoo go does and i don't see how you can get the two confused...
  7. My-Q

My-Q New Member

I hate to say it, but zyb isn't a messenger. What is there to be confused about?
  8. kkasten

kkasten New Member

Where can you get Yahoo Go now 'til it Official release

I had Yahoo Go loaded to my Q - i think i linked to the download from the Motorola site. Then I went into the store to get my Q looked at and they wiped i clean -- now I can't find Yahoo Go to download.

Anybody have a secret release/version/location they can share?
  9. naejae730

naejae730 New Member

I want my Yahoo Go!

I had a problem with my Q (the screen kept freezing on the Windows Mobile Screen) and took in to be "looked at".

Seems like all Tech Support does in the store is "look at" the phone and tell you you need a new one. I was given a NEW (updated software version) phone which meant I had to start from scratch with all my applications and settings :angry: I lost the Yahoo Go! application I put on my phone which I absolutely LOVED.

Anywho, I saved the previous Yahoo Go! file on my computer and was thinking about installing it on the new phone since the 2.0 version is not available yet and I'm so impatient. I was just wondering if I did install it, how difficult would it be for me to upgrade to the 2.0 version when it was time? Would I have to uninstall the old version to install the new or would there just be a way to do an upgrade?
    Any info would help because I'm dying without my daily news and weather reports..

Oh, by the way, don't know if this helps anyone but Yahoo Go! never hurt my battery life. I just simply went to the task manager from the start menu when I was done with it and closed the application. My e-mails were still coming in as they were received and I didn't even have to go into the application to retrieve them (they showed up on my home screen next to the Yahoo line as my other e-mail accounts do)
  10. gmardre

gmardre New Member

I have it and it works fine, I just never use it--or have a need for it.
  11. MotQNNJ

MotQNNJ Guest

I have Yahoo Go but, when I hit send/receive I get Finished at the top and no messages. Any help?
  12. kkasten

kkasten New Member

How did you get Yahoo Go

Where did you find the download since Yahoo Go Gamma is still showing not available for the Q
  13. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Go to yahoo go, click on menu, select "Y connections", select restart connection, confirm, and wha la..:smile: whem you go back to your message box the new email will be there or would have started downloading already.
  14. MotQNNJ

MotQNNJ Guest

Sorry, it is not Gamma, it's the one we can use.
  15. MotQNNJ

MotQNNJ Guest

Thanks! I first cleared the user id and than tried everything all over again, and wha la, it worked. Thanks for your assistance.:smile:
  16. kkasten

kkasten New Member

Where's the link to the Yahoo Go we can use now???

OK - so where is the link to "the one" we can use???? link please
  17. Coffman34

Coffman34 New Member

I do not know if this will actually work. But this is the link that I found on yahoo after searching for a very long time. Here it is. Just put this into your q browser exactly and it will start downloading the .cab file.

http://download.go.yahoo.com/sm/ygo/win_mobile/ygo_sp.cab

Coffman
  18. My-Q

My-Q New Member

I have been waiting for a version of Yahoo I could use on my Q. I downloaded and installed the version posted above. It's a piece of crap! It's not much of an IM when it is html and has to be refreshed manually. It's almost a 1st generation IM.

It is absolutely, in my opinionn, a waste of time.
  19. lexluthor

lexluthor New Member

That's because it's still the old version.

2.0 isnt out for the Q yet.
  20. SloppyGoat

SloppyGoat New Member

I installed this POS and there is no Yahoo Messenger in it! That's the only reason I wanted it! WTF?