Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by jb0615, Jun 15, 2008.
Hes right. Follow his steps, they work to a T.
I've done it many times myself.
Could you post some instructions? I think Im blind. Can't figure out how to do it in Personlize My Q > Home Screen Right Soft Key. When I hit menu it only allows me to start the path from Start Menu.
1. open file manager or total commander or similar program
2. select the program bandselect.exe in \windows\
3. create shortcut in \windows\start menu\
4. go to my stuff, personalize my Q, home screen right soft key
while in home screen right soft key settings
5. menu, start menu, (find/select bandselect shortcut), done
if shortcut is in a folder in the start menu folder, then
5. menu, start menu, up arrow, (find/select folder and then shortcut),done
Oh I see. I have to create a shortcut for it in the start menu first. Thanks that makes sense.
Just now getting to this. Loooong day at work!
Thanks to everyone for their help! I now have my right soft key configured for bandselect. It works great. When I get home at night, I just quickly switch back to 850/1900 (GSM) and I've had no problems with anyone not being able to hear me on my Q. Gosh, I love this phone!!!
I am thinking of using that band select shortcut trick myself. If I keep it on edge and switch to 3g for data as needed, maybe my battery life will be noticeably better.
That's a great idea, Kareljack. I doubt it uses much battery power to switch, and I'm sure it will be a timesaver.
When I'm in my home network, I keep my phone on 3G only. I can honestly say that there is not a noticable difference in battery life between Edge and 3G.
Separate names with a comma.