new verizon email and web plan for Q9M

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by jskinvest, Apr 14, 2008.

1. FrankFi

FrankFi New Member

If you are asking about the Verizon app, I can't get past the login screen, so I don't have any (useful) screen shots. It appears to be a standalone app, so I don't think it adds an inbox the way Windows Live for Windows Mobile does for Hotmail.

- Frank
  2. benvfr

benvfr New Member

IS it this: www.oz.com/index.php/section/mobile-email

Or maybe just doesn't look as good on the Q9m....... PLus I am guessing that VZW is not allowing the IM'ing??????????
  3. FrankFi

FrankFi New Member

The initial splash screen does look like the blue splash screen on that page, although it is Verizon red with the Verizon logo at the top. I can select Windows Live, but then I get to the login screen which tells me I'm not authorized to use this service after I login. So, I don't know if the rest of the app will like the pix in your link, but I'm guessing they do. The inbox shown there looks to be different than the Outlook-like Messaging Inbox, so I don't think they are integrated.

I don't see any mention of IM in the Verizon Oz app, but again, I can't get to anything interesting.

- Frank
  4. reddragon7660

reddragon7660 New Member

i got OZ to work it is not too bad but since i switched to the 29.99 plan VZSync was cut off so it makes it a little easier to view E-mail. It has Yahoo, Hotmail, Verizon.net, Aol Mail, AIM Mail, and other i guess for Gmail which i use. It works for me effortlessly, put account name and password and bam there is your email
  5. supahrob

supahrob New Member

Got me very curious...

I use Gmail for my email needs, and the built in email client that came with my Q9M (w/ verizon) seems to work fine. I don't use hotmail at all - just gmail at this point.

But:
    1. I want to make sure I am using the best email client available to me - will this new email client be "better" in any way(s) for me seeing as how I use gmail? (Will it make ANY difference at all)

2. I always like to try out new programs - so again, are there any significant differences between this new program and the new email program?

(If it matters, yes I have switched to the new 29.99 program).

Take care,
    Rob
  6. FrankFi

FrankFi New Member

Thanks for the info - it is good to know it works for someone, so there is hope Verizon can get it to work for me.

- Frank
  7. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 New Member

The ap works fine.

I was able to get this ap to work fine. It's a 1-stop shop client for Email accounts (hotmail, yahoo, verizon, etc). That said- it's a tad ghetto, and does not add another inbox to your "mail" area. It is a stand alone application, and if you usethe VZW home screen, has a tag that I assume will update and tell me when I have messages.
  8. FrankFi

FrankFi New Member

That's for that info too... I wonder what is different about my Qm or my service? I have the newest firmware on the Q9m now, and I am on the new Nationwide plan for PDAs/Smartphones. I can't think of what else to change, and Verizon and Motorola are no help.

- Frank