New User Help

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by nikkipie, Oct 3, 2007.

1. nikkipie

nikkipie New Member

New User Help

hey guys! You seem to all know what's going on and I am a bit confused. I have the 2 gig card in there, and can't get anything onto it directly form the computer. I want to put songs on there, but I dont want to upload them to the library then move them over.

I am unable to sync through windows media player itself (don't know what I am doing wrong!) but can drag and drop in a windows folder, but my card doesnt come up there, ony my libraries.

Can I transfer through windows media player with my card in a card reader instead?

If not is there some quirky thing I don't know about?
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard... you can try WM5torage which turns the Q into a flashdrive.
  3. nikkipie

nikkipie New Member

thanks...

So downloading this to my phone will allow me to drag and drop right into my sd card?

Sounds perfect.

Still can't figure out why its not syncing...but I would rather do it this way anyway!

thanks!
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thank me after you got it working...
  5. DrQ

DrQ New Member

After you connect via activesync, open the activesync window and click on explore. Then in the new explorer window double click on mobile device and you will be in the root directory on the device. Now scroll down to Storage Card and double click that and there you are.
  6. nikkipie

nikkipie New Member

so halfway there...

ok, so i got all of my music on my sd card, then when i update library, it finds my 56 files...but when I go into my library, there are only 6 songs there. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you guys so much for your help!
  7. jasoraso

jasoraso Member

For some stupid reason, Windows Media player defaults to only listing the songs on the device itself, you need to goto MENU:LIBRARY:Storage Card to get it to show the songs on the storage card.

Good Luck