new update for software on Moto 9QC???

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by miami_fl, Mar 21, 2008.

1. miami_fl

miami_fl New Member

new update for software on Moto 9QC???

I am having problems with my moto 9QC. It freezes very very often. I've called service today and after an hour on the phone they verified my version was out of date.

settings/phone settings/ phone information/ (check PRL version) 60610

They said mine suposed to be PRL Version: 60611 instead of 60610.
    They recommeded me to download from motorola.com the new software.

Have any of you guys tried this already?

This could be the solution for this continuos freezing...
    I personally couldn't connect my phone to the software wizard, so I still have the same problem.
    Any tip?
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Last I heard, the software update might be out around april ish

PRL (preferred roaming list) doesn't have anything to do with the software per se
    It's basically a list of the towers in your area to help maximize the signal you get and help battery life (see the near far phenomenon)
  3. miami_fl

miami_fl New Member

well, she said this kind of update you can actually get it dialing *2 and just listening the entire menu. She said the system will automaticaly check our phone and it'll do the update. That is what she said. But, this is a different update. I went to a service center here in Miami and the guy is going to work on that also as he also got this as first news with me. He also has a Q9c, so he knows this equipments.
    Let's see what others can say. By now you can go to motorola.com and download the software from the site. But, it didn;t work for me.
  4. gazment

gazment New Member

Ahh I called sprint concerning this dreaded problem a couple weeks ago. After hours on the phone (lucky I just sit around at work all day) it ended with them sending me to the sprint store to have them update the phone software. Apparently on the older software versions for our phones we are unable to get into phone settings to automatically update software. And without the new software its impossible to do any PRL updates. Just tell the guys at the sprint store you called *2 and the rep said you have outdates software and that you need them to update it for you. Once updated call sprint and request another prl update. Let us know how this works out for you.
  5. miami_fl

miami_fl New Member

After the upates: ANy freezing?
    I will try that on monday, but I might have to go to another store.
    So, what's the deal with this new PRL version?
    Thanks for your response guys!
  6. miami_fl

miami_fl New Member

after going to a few Sprint stores they didn't know what I was talking about. They started playing with my phone and asking me the unlock code, bla, bla, bla, no results.
    A few minutes ago I dialed *2 and I had a sweet voice saying ".... we recognized your number and you're entitle to receive a free update. Stay on the line while we do the update on your phone. After that you can turn your equipment off to complete the process."
    I did wait, turned the phone off and BLING! I have the new update!
    I went to settings/more/more/phone settings/phone information/ and check the prl version 60611 (prior 60610)

my phone flies now! You guys should do this! No more freezings!

I will keep you posted if it gets lazy again.:laugh2:
  7. Echoes&Madness

Echoes&Madness New Member

A PRL update has nothing to do with your phone freezing, nor can you download this update from Motorola, as it is carrier specific. A PRL list just updates the phone as to what the preferred roaming towers are in the area you are in (e.g., if you go to an area that Sprint is not in, the phone will try to use towers in that area that Sprint has an agreement with). FYI, PRL updates are always free...
  8. miami_fl

miami_fl New Member

you're all right. My piece of crap motorola keeps freezing very very often.
    Does anybody know what to do?
    I am getting a litle tired of playing with this new tech phone. I am dedicating too much time to this I think.
  9. igotaq

igotaq New Member

have you tried this?
    From home screen click Start, Settings, scroll down to Text Input Settings. Remove the check from "Suggest words when typing." Then click Menu, and Clear Input History. Then click Done.
  10. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

when was the last time you cleared out IE temp files, cache, old txt msgs?
  11. miami_fl

miami_fl New Member

:tounge:

yes, I had done that before. The only thing I didn't do was clear the input history. Let's see now. Thanks!
  12. miami_fl

miami_fl New Member

I don't really do text too much. I cleared temps very often when I go the explorer, then menu/ options/ memory and clear temps, history and I also dont' allow cookies.
  13. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

may just be the text prediction then...hopefully
  14. miami_fl

miami_fl New Member

no, i don't think so either. I did unchecked that option before. I am not using the text prediction anymore. I think is just the windows. I noticed I have to keep killing applications continuosly! Kind of the phone does not have enought memory. Once it's accessing the gmail account, that's it.
  15. miami_fl

miami_fl New Member

Thanks to all you guys! I think we all try to find a solution to this nightmare. I noticed I am not the only person. I went to a couple of Sprints stores here in miami and they're clueless about this phones. What's wrong with this certified techs!
    I went to a store by my house and I can tell you this was the first time he had seen this phone! Incredible!
    If this keeps doig that, I will get another phone or maybe the prior blackbery 2550 from nextel. simple, reliable but heavy and big.
  16. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

After you kill apps in the task manager, do you just leave the task manager, or you do properly exit out of it?

Have you tried SKTools Lite to do some cleaning of your Q's memory (perhaps stuff that you may have not thought about cleaning out before)?
  17. miami_fl

miami_fl New Member

rainmakerrc New Member

I have a copy of it on my apps page. It's the free lite version.
  19. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

SKlite can be found here...

RB's app page

I use the autoclean & freeup ram utility extensively. Can usualy free up 14Mb or more a day(I'm a web hog). :)
  20. Echoes&Madness

Echoes&Madness New Member

What about trying a reset of the phone?