New to Windows Mobile

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by kjdffy, Jun 25, 2006.

1. kjdffy

kjdffy New Member

New to Windows Mobile

Hello all,

I am new to windows mobil and am looking for a way to move all my contacts from the Palm desktop into my Q. I am completely clueless on how to go about doing this.

I also have some questions about software similar to Palm counterparts, but if I cannot move my address book, it seems likea mute point.

Thank you.

Kevin
  2. zippy333

zippy333 New Member

I found out fr the Verizon tech that you have to back up your palm info, erase the desktop software and re-install. when the question box comes up that asks you if you want to sync to outlook say yes. That will now send all of your info(contacts) to your Outlook. When I was done doing that, it worked great. I uninstalled the palm desktop and reinstalled it for my wife without choosing Outlook and it was reinstalled for her Palm without a hitch.Try it you'll like it!! Finally, a tech from a company that actually helped!
  3. kjdffy

kjdffy New Member

I'll have to try that. I have the same situation where my wife still has a Palm Device.

Thank you for the quick reply
  4. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

I wish I had found this forum sooner, because I had to manually add all my contacts back in from my Treo desktop to my Q, it was so tedious.
  5. sbagdan

sbagdan New Member

There are also MANY utilities to migrate from Palm to PPC or WM5.
  6. kjdffy

kjdffy New Member

That worked perfectly! All my contacts are now in Outlook, now to sync them to the Q. I feel like a kid on X-mas morning :thumbup:
  7. zippy333

zippy333 New Member

I'm glad I could help. I once went through the same pain in the butt retyping all of my contacts and it was no fun. I believe it works for all Palm info. I've learned a lot from these forums and I try to give back when I can. Peace!
  8. rj5620

rj5620 New Member

Now that everyone is using Outlook, how do I search my calendar on my Q like I did on my Treo 650?
  9. rj5620

rj5620 New Member

Anybody? CAn I search calender?