New to the forums, internet/app issues...

Discussion in 'Samsung Jack' started by VariableSpark, Feb 10, 2010.

1. VariableSpark

VariableSpark New Member

New to the forums, internet/app issues...

Hey all, first time on these forums, just received my Samsung Jack today (my first WM phone). I'm pretty impressed with it so far. I'm having a small issue with the internet connections and removing apps though.

See, I bought an unlocked US AT&T phone off puremobile.ca, and I'm using it on Rogers in Canada. The phone came preloaded with a bunch of AT&T apps I can't use, and default pre-configured AT&T internet connections (with a little padlock icon next to them). I know I can add my Rogers internet information, and use only that, but I would like to clear away all the AT&T connections as well (3 of them. AT&T IMS, AT&T ISP and MEdia Net).

As for the apps, I go to the "remove applications" screen, but nothing is listed there to remove. How do I get rid of Medianet, AT&T store, etc...

If anyone has a solution for these issues, or can direct me to a site that has some tutorials or something, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

VS
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

those are pre-installed apps built in to the ROM, you cant really remove them, you can create a new folder and shove them in there if you wanted
    not sure about the att connections, might be in the same boat with those

if you just enter your rogers info i wouldnt worry about the att connections
  3. Empel1960

Empel1960 New Member

To unlock the GPRS is by finding UAMgr.exe in the windows directory, run it. Choose menu, tools, then choose unlock gprs. you should now be able to change the settings and also add/remove connections.

Regards,

Enrique
  4. VariableSpark

VariableSpark New Member

Ah, that worked perfectly! Thank you both for your replies.

Seeing all that stuff in the \windows directory though, makes me think there's a lot of customization possible with this operating system. Does anyone know of any good sites for WM hacking/customization?

Thanks again!

VS
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

some of the Q hacks in the hacks forum might work, there are some other jack threads in the hack forum i think too, check them out