New to Ozone-Any good cases out there?

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by iaksma, Oct 17, 2009.

1. iaksma

iaksma New Member

New to Ozone-Any good cases out there?

Anyone have a case that they really like for their ozone. At first I wanted a simple plastic holster with a belt clip, but I see a bunch of silicone and hard plastic covers too that look interesting. I've looked for customer reviews online for Ozone cases, but didn't see much of anything in my quick search.

Advice appreciated!
    Jill
  2. mrchambo

mrchambo New Member

Hey, Jill!

I went through the same thought process as you re the holster. In fact, I even bought one from my local Verizon store. But, I have never had good luck with the holsters, I am always hitting them on something, popping the phone out onto concrete or asphalt...

So, I started looking for a snap-on, clamshell type case. I did not opt for one with a clip on the back.

I found mine at Talkie Tech www.talkietech.com. I got the Transparent Smoke case and one of the super clear screen protectors. Very happy with them both. Perfect fit...

The case does make the Ozone a little bigger and heavier, so it may not be your cup of tea. But, having had the phone fall and crash into something and not be damaged is well worth it...

Good luck.
  3. YoDude

YoDude New Member

I also found sparse selection looking for a good case for the Oz.
    Best Buy has an HTC branded leather case which works well. A little $pendy and no rotating clip, but it has 2 magnetic catches on the flap which I like very much. I typically just use the silicone sleeve, but found I can even fit the phone with sleeve into the case if I wanted to.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=HTC&lp=11&type=product&cp=1&id=1166840037625
  4. iaksma

iaksma New Member

Thanks, those both look nice!

Has anyone every seen one of these in person, an Amzer Rubberized Snap On Crystal Hard Case: http://www.amazon.com/Amzer-AMZ2078..._1_4?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1255890702&sr=8-4

(sorry, I don't think I've figured out how to post the link properly:dft011:tounge_out)

I'm wondering if the "rubberized" part is a spray coating that's going to rub off? Or, if it comes in any colors besides black? I have a problem with the ozone sometimes slipping out of my pocket if the pocket is too shallow (I know, silly) and I'm thinking a rubberized one wouldn't slip as easily.
  5. mrv

mrv New Member

I have a burgundy gel soft silicone case, I bought if from eBay. I also found a little leather cell phone case at Wilson's Leather that fits Ozone perfectly, but I carry my phone in my purse, not in my pocket, so it stays protected and in place.
  6. TMerC

TMerC New Member

As mrchambo said talkietech.com is a great site for any phone case or anything case for that matter.
  7. bitterpoet

bitterpoet New Member

Like mrv I bought my cases on eBay. I have a clear silicon gel case and a horizontal leather case for my belt. It was a little tight the first week putting the phone in the leather case with the silicon case on but now it's stretched just enough to work perfectly. I really like the silicon because it's very difficult to lose your grip on it and it doesn't slide around on most surfaces. I've been considering getting a hardshell case with a soft rubber coating but I'm satisfied with my current setup. Hope all this advice is helpful.
  8. mrv

mrv New Member

I was thinking about a hard case first too, but after buying a silicon one I realized I may have a problems with a hard one. The "on" and "off" buttons on the phone are kind of wrap-around, and it's hard to use them when a case covers a half of them. I cut out the silicone case around the buttons so it won't cover them, but I don't think it would be possible to do it with a plastic case...
  9. iaksma

iaksma New Member

10. iaksma

iaksma New Member

MRV: The one I ordered has the on/off cutouts that wrap over the sides of the case. I wouldn't have thought of that otherwise!:dft011:tounge_out Like I said, I'll post a review once I receive it.
    Thanks!
    Jill

11. mrv

mrv New Member

Yes, this one seems to have cutouts, the ones that I saw on eBay didn't have them...
  12. iaksma

iaksma New Member

Case arrived today. It seems like it will work fine. It has a hole in the back where you could attach a separate belt clip (not included). The finish, even though it feels "rubberized" is still slippery, so if you had it on the dashboard of your car it could easily slide off.

Otherwise, the color is wonderful (I chose a deep red). Snapped onto the phone easily. Just can't figure out how to take it off! I'm afraid if I pry too hard it will break :032:question