New Silver Q9h w/ WM 6.1 available from AT&T

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by dwboston, Aug 19, 2008.

1. mbranscum

mbranscum New Member

I exchanged the new one for a black model. The visibility of the keyboard in medium lighting is 100% better. I can't believe AT&T let this get by them.

I can see alot of people returning the newer model.
  2. jpd252

jpd252 New Member

New cannon grey Q

I got the new cannon grey phone last week from AT & T warranty. Like stated above the grey color is growing on me but I still like the black one better. I went back to using Facade and an old home screen instead of the sliding one. I do have a hard time with the keyboard also. It's fine in bright light or little or no light. If in between its hard to see the characters. This will sound funny but the GPS actually works. After reading posts today I learned that my old black Q should have had GPS. It never worked so I assumed that I needed a separate receiver. I have had the phone lock up on me 3 times already in the past 5 days. Two of those were while playing Guitar Hero on the phone. "Go low mem. message) The other was trying to check messages. Other then that it's the same phone.
  3. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Did you have 6.1 on the old, black model? Gps performance in 6.1 is vastly improved over 6.0
    Before, I'd have to use the GPSID tool to boost performance. Now, with 6.1, I dont need any additional tweaking. Even the cell tower based My location works.
  4. jpd252

jpd252 New Member

No the old phone didn't have 6.1. I just never used theGPS software/options.