New saga user (from Q) - great phone, but two "annoyances", any easy fixes?

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by notoriousB, Jul 7, 2009.

1. notoriousB

notoriousB New Member

New saga user (from Q) - great phone, but two "annoyances", any easy fixes?

Hi Saga people,

I've been using an original motorola Q for 2.5 years now and finally made the jump to the Saga.

All in all this thing ROCKS, the mouse is awesome, thought I'd hate the touchscreen but I like it a lot, and the data speed - OH the data speed, much much much better!!

I do have two complaints tho, and maybe you guys/gals can help me:

1st: I am on the road a lot and have frequent conference calls. With the Q (WM5) I can open the calendar entry, scroll to the number, click it and it will dial the number. I'm astounded that this feature doesn't seem to exist for WM6 pro.

Is there any way to enable it? I'm aware that putting TEL: before the number will make it "clickable" but I get tons of appointments scheduled by others and cannot feasibly edit all of them to add that string before every phone number.

2nd: A lot of times I'm on calls that go 1 hour or longer, and may not have to speak for very long stretches, so I mute the call. With the saga when I'm asked a question I have to "wake up" the phone, then find the mute button on screen and try to push it before I can talk. This has made for some awkward silences on calls recently. On my Q one of the soft keys was mute. (one click mute/unmute) Is there any way to reassign a soft key to Mute on the Saga during a call?

Thanks for any input. Neither of these are a deal breaker, I still like the phone a lot, it's a hell of an upgrade from the ol' Q!

-B
  2. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

1st answer
    theres many options for your contacts. several 3rd party apps give you alot more choices on how to handle a phone call BUT by default you can assign contacts to the fav contacts tab in the today plus tab on your today screen. its a two button press for me. you press the pic you wanna call and then select which number to dial

another option to try is to hold down the speaker/voice button on the bottom left beside the arrow unitl you hear a chime, then say (CALL + Whatever the contacts name like you have it in your contact list)
  3. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

and for the second answer there is a mute button on the screen while in a call. look at the bottom left side of the on screen keypad

for the first question it looks like your best option would be Agenda One
  4. notoriousB

notoriousB New Member

Hi, thanks for the replies but I think you misread my email.

My 1st concern is around phone numbers embedded in calendar invites, not direct contacts. I have no issue with contacts. I want phone numbers in calendar invites to be "clickable" if possible without editing every calendar entry.

I'm aware of the on screen mute, it takes too long to get to it if I'm idle on a call for a long time. I don't want to have to wake up the screen to unmute if at all possible.

Can agenda one map to corporate exchange servers?

Thanks, B
  5. SDNick484

SDNick484 New Member

This might work for problem 2:
    Start->Settings->System->Power->Power Save
    Uncheck "Device goes to power save mode after voice call is connected for..."

The down side is it will keep the screen on during calls which will have an impact on battery life.
  6. MyPhoneIsBlue

MyPhoneIsBlue New Member

You may also be able to find a bluetooth headset or wired headset with a mute button, would help with the battery life now that you're leaving the screen on.
  7. notoriousB

notoriousB New Member

VERY cool - thank you!! I just checked and there's actually a "dimming" option in the power save, so it doesn't ever shut the screen off but dims it. I'm going to try that right away to see if it helps my mute situation.

We'll see what impact it has on the battery, 1+ hour concalls with the screen on could eat it up.

Another great suggestion, I'll look into that too. If I could mute the headset I could leave the screen off. I am due for a new headset anyway...

[B heads off to amazon.com]

Thanks!! -B