New Saga Patch/Upgrade/Fix? Release date says Martch 31,2010

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by manbat, Apr 10, 2010.

1. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Bricked my phone

Well I ran the latest update and my phone is now bricked! It won't go past the Samsung start up. Anyone need parts? Phone, 1800 battery, standard battery and covers. Make offer. No SD, SIM or chargers included.
  2. keeleyt83

keeleyt83 New Member

Sorry to hear that. Wow. I definitely feel less safe about performing updates now. I might have to really think the next one over.
  3. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

4. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Sorry that happened for you. Very interested in what you think about the X (I'm eligible now, but seriously considering waiting for WM 7). Thanks.
  5. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

well for the ones that have this update running, the tweak i posted in the omnia section for instant gps locks should work for any samsung.
    anybody gonna try it?
    it doesnt run 24/7 like gpsgate did
  6. Kingfish

Kingfish Member

This key does not exist.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\
  7. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

8. Kingfish

Kingfish Member

9. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

yes on my omnia i can turn my gps to 911 only and open a gps app and get no lock
    i can leave the gps open and switch back to location on then go back to the open gps app and have a instant lock to 1 sateliite that puts me right where i am.

Are you getting no locks to any satellites at all?
    Have you had your gps on for awhile or did you just turn it on and havent seen the GpsonWarning screen?
    do you guys even get the gps on warning screen after reboot?

I will walk through it with you if you like
  10. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

also when you open gps mod driver what does the main screen say?
  11. Kingfish

Kingfish Member

I never get a GPS on warning. After a hard reset I do once but never again.

0 lock on 0 satellites. After a couple of minutes it will start seeing sats and then a few more minutes it will lock a couple and a few more minutes Google maps will turn into an arrow. Probably 5-7 minutes for Google maps to get a "lock"

This is standing outside in the open.
  12. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

ok on my phone the gpsonwarn comes up only after the first soft reset after enabling location on. restarting after running my reg file, if location on was not already switched before (after a complete hard reset) would bring up the gps warning at bootup.

If you've already had location on then you would have already seen the gps warn screen and not seen it since.
    Now when google maps gets the lock can you open gpsmoddriver and see what the main screen says?
  13. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

also look in google maps and be sure that the gps settings are managed by windows.
    When you first installed gpsmod driver it asks you to change your gps apps over to com port 1
    I did not do that i just set all of my apps to let windows manage it or the gps intermediate driver
  14. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

in this video you see that i already had google locked and open, Then i went into gps setting and turned 911 only on.
    google maps was still locked though so i closed GMM and reopened it so that it would know that the gps is off. And just like i thought i got no lock. So i went back and turned on location on and you see what happened

[​IMG]

click img to watch video