New ROM

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by Brent372, Apr 29, 2009.

1. manbat

manbat Active Member

I did install the VZNav app on my Saga last night and noticed it gives you the option of a free 'one day' trial,buying one day or signing up for the month. I'm waiting for a day off to do the free day. With WLS and GMM my location bounces all over the nieghborhood. So I would like to see how VZNav performs.
  2. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

3. bheidemann

bheidemann New Member

I noticed something else wrong with the new rom. In 'Sounds and Notifications' I set the light to blink when I get a text message. Well no matter how long I set it (5 min, 10 min whatever) it only flashes for about 30 sec and turns off. weird
  4. bheidemann

bheidemann New Member

5. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

I hate how any 3rd party app that has a kinetic menu now hooks to the Saga's on screen cursor making it super hard to choose anything.
    Also how do i change between cdma/gsm modes throught the phones menus?
  6. larsdennert

It no longer ignores the wake up key stroke.
  7. symbiontsoul

symbiontsoul New Member

Anyone notice a change in signal quality on your phone after the update? Seems to be I'm not getting as good of reception in places I used to. I even updated the towers with *228 option 2 and no success.
  8. tatootie

tatootie New Member

Yes, I agree. My phone is horrible now (signal wise). I am on the edge of their coverage area anyways - but, what use to be useable is now unuseable.
  9. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

That would suck
    Im sure a *611 would be glad to fix THAT issue immediately
  10. manbat

manbat Active Member

Constant Error / Do you want to send to MS codes

I don't know about the "old ROM" but I am about 10 days into my new NE2 on this Saga (had new ROM installed when I got it) for several days I have been getting Error codes constantly. I have to click sent/don't send error to MS before it will let me continue. Also clicking on apps sometimes gives a "not a valid app" error. Have to soft reset before the app will be recognized. This phone has several this about it that I like but.... the "don't likes" are starting to win. If things do not smooth out in the next few days I may send it back to VZW and exchange for an HTC Ozone!!
  11. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

now that i think about it i think when i first powered up the phone out of the box and after updating i got errors both times. I turned off error reporting and havent looked back
  12. manbat

manbat Active Member

So....If I turn off Error Reporting .......

So if error reporting is turned off (not sure I have it on), it just ignores the errors and continues? I am checking now. Maybe if I can get the Saga smoothed out I can look at your XML. :laugh2:
  13. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

I'd appreciate it Manbat!
    and you know you just have to vocalize the concerns you have and we'll find a fix, a work around or something
  14. manbat

manbat Active Member

I have Customer Feedback turned off....

I have Customer Feedback turned off....Is there another setting?
  15. manbat

manbat Active Member

Never mind....

Never mind....I found it. :embarassed:
  16. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

YES!!! My phone is HORRIBLE. I kept bitching that I thought maybe it was because the new ROM fried my original SAGA and they sent me a refurbished phone. Not that there is any good to this, but at least now i can stop blaming the "new/refurbished" phone.

Jon
  17. tatootie

tatootie New Member

Verizon says I can opt out of my contract, and they will buy my phone back too. Not a bad deal. Except I really love this phone and US Cellular is my only other choice for a vendor, and their 'best' phone is the touch pro.
    Wish I could figure out how to activate this phone on their network...
    Ok whining is over....
  18. larsdennert