New ROM

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by Brent372, Apr 29, 2009.

1. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

WHAT!!! not the ghost saga!
  2. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

I BUY a brand new phone... BUY... with MY MONEY... and Verizon's "Update" screws my phone... :shocked: so now I get a REFURBISHED phone. Huh? How is this fair? I can see if "I" screw up my phone, but I paid for a new one and "they" screw it up.

uurrrgghhhh :angry:
  3. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

I yelled at em when my q9 died and got free overnight and a free up to the saga
  4. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Don't get me wrong, Verizon has ALWAYS been great to me and a very Stand-up provider. I would maybe even go as far as saying they have bent over backwards for me. I have been with them since before they were Verizon, before they were 360 Communications and before whatever that other one was... I think Alltel. I am a loyal custom to them and they show that every time I have a problem or concern... even today, she shipped it OVERNIGHT with SATURDAY before Noon GUARANTEE... I know that is not cheap and that showed very VERY good customer service, reasons like that is why I stay with them.

On the other hand, I just feel if I pay for a NEW phone and something goes wrong with it within my 1 year warranty that IS NOT my fault, then I should be given a NEW phone. I feel refurbished phones are refurbished for a reason:

1. Someone had a problem with it had to return it (like me)
    2. Someone tried it for the 30 days and didn't like it (who's to say they took good care of the phone, especially if they didn't like it)
    3. There was a manufacture "glitch" that prevented it from being shipped as a new phone.
    I know that these circumstances don't always exist, but I want a phone that has been put through the "ringer" by me... one that I know exactly where it has been and what has happened to it...

I know, a little foolish or childish maybe, but I spend the money and buy new for a reason... if I wanted a refurbished phone, I would have gotten a cheaper one off of eBay.

Just my 2 cents... thx for letting me vent for a day or two...

I will be back to the good 'ole Jon here soon and start offering advice and helping those that I can and ridiculing those that I can't. lol :tounge:

Jon
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

So...I have this brand new Saga waiting on me at home. Should I activate first and then upgrade flash or upgrade flash and then activate. I have never deactivated any time I reflashed the Q9m\c. Just wondering....don't want to "brick it" ...yet. lol
  6. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

i would think it would be safe for you to flash before activating since either way you'd have to *228 afterwards
  7. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

DON'T PUSH ME, BATMAN!!!

:wink::tounge:

(I know people -- VERY IMPORTANT people, lol)
  8. manbat

manbat Active Member

Sorry...Forgot you had issues with yours. I do believe I will explore the stock ROM for a while before I do the upgrade (unless for some reason the one I just received already has the upgrade....hmmm). I wonder if they are shipping the upgraded ROM yet? Haven't even made it home to look at it yet. The Kroger SW, Vice-President is making stores with my District Mgr tomorrow...this is hour 12 I've been in the store. Just about to leave it with the overnight crew when I get this grocery order done!
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

can for sure tell if its been upgraded by comparing the version...to that website!

and good luck jon...once again! =)
  10. manbat

manbat Active Member

Well...I'm home and have the Saga in hand. I put in on of my old 6gb micro SDCards. it still has all of the 'Q' files on it. It is reading everything fine. Have not activated yet. Wonder if OTA will work this time of night. Posted via Q9m/c Hybrid
  11. manbat

manbat Active Member

Are all of the Sagas dark blue? In all of the pictures I have seen they look very light blue. Just wondering. This is the first one I have ever seen in the flesh.
  12. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

pretty dark...yes. better than the pics for sure!
  13. manbat

manbat Active Member

Much better than the pics! This blue I like! It's just a little lighter than my Nap.
  14. manbat

manbat Active Member

Didn't Have to Flash Mine.......

Didn't Have to Flash Mine.......It was shipped to me with the New ROM upgrade......It locks right on here in Fort Worth. Even in my house!! And un-activated. Used GPS Test to "test the lock"!!
  15. MyPhoneIsBlue

MyPhoneIsBlue New Member

They totally screw up the color in the photos...

Welcome to the very exclusive club, it's been 6 months and i have yet to actually see another saga beyond my own. Now put realVGA on it and you'll really be hooked.
  16. manbat

manbat Active Member

I think I'm liking the Saga...It will be a learning curve for sure though. I have to leave the house for a couple of hours ....so I have switched back to the Q9m/c until I can play with the Saga some more!
  17. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Anyone else sad that you can't run SPB Shell with RealVGA???
  18. EQBob

EQBob New Member

To be honest, no...<G>. That last thing my eyes need is smaller icons to look at <G>
  19. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

da ju vue.... i think we had this exact conversation a while back, lol...
  20. EQBob

EQBob New Member

It did sound like a very familiar question. <G>