New ROM

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by Brent372, Apr 29, 2009.

1. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I agree. Although I rarely use that mode, I tested it and it is much better.
  2. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I'm just rib'n ya bob. you have a stout personality i can tell. most people who visit forums are lurkers. it's good to have lots of conversation. in this world there are joiners and not joiners. some people just refuse to join in.
  3. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Hah! i never thought that i would ever be called BM. Thats comedy!
    i almost wanna say opera has a new font but i never really paid attention in the first place.
    still hadnt locked on to anything but then again ive been inside most of the day. but this morning google maps and ndrive was locking onto all kinds of sats. ndrive was saying i was in miami but i think that may be because i loaded up the wrong map

ndrive looks good for turn by turn
    if i ever get a lock i'll be able to test it more.
    one day maybe one of these 4,562,328,164 gpses will lock on.

yes i said gpses
    Good day!
  4. larsdennert

is it me or does the scrolling not work in emails? the most important place.
  5. larsdennert

6. EQBob

EQBob New Member

It's all good. I'm not upset about anything. It's all ephemeris anyways <G>
  7. EQBob

EQBob New Member

It's you apparently...

Oh wait...I googled it and you're right it doesn't work ....<G>

J/K....it doesn't appear to work in there at all...
  8. MyPhoneIsBlue

MyPhoneIsBlue New Member

You can now remap the media and mail buttons (as well as the 2 softkeys and the short presses of the side keys) via the buttons menu in settings. No more wmp launching randomly!
  9. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 New Member

Settings for GPS.

Alright, I'm getting close on the GPS, but I have it set to "let windows manage" and it's looking for satelites, but it says: (0) in the parenthases. How do I know when I have GPS satelites locked on, that it's working, etc. Right now it says I'm at a location that's across the street and .5 mile away.

Thanks for letting me bother!

Paul
  10. bheidemann

bheidemann New Member

Leave it sit for a couple of minutes and you will see that number increase. It will show (0) for up to 10 minutes your first time.

A couple of things that will make it lock on faster are being outside (sometimes a must), not moving, clear sky ect ect

Once you lock on google maps will pinpoint your location. Before you lock on however google maps tries to triangulate you position from cell phone towers which in my case is always way off.
  11. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

im guessing your using gmm

go to the gps settings menu
    change let windows manage to com 9 and 9600 baud
    go back to the map and select use gps and go stand outside

you beat me
    im not sure but i think manual settings work faster on the first try too
  12. bheidemann

bheidemann New Member

I've noticed no difference between the two settings; 'Managed by Windows' and manually setting it to com9.

I prefer 'Managed by Windows' only because it says (0) when you are not locked on instead of that long number. Also, if you decide to use a BT GPS receiver you will have to manually change the settings again.

Also, make sure you set you location to 'ON'

Start -> Settings -> Phone -> Services -> GPS -> Location On
  13. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

o i get it I just didnt want to see that (0) (pre-update) ever ever again
  14. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I have horrible times getting a lock. Outside, inside, doesn't matter. GMM installed on card, phone, doesn't matter. Windows Managed GPS settings or COM 9, doesn't matter. I've once seen a number of sats greater than 0...it went to 3, 4, 5 and zeroed me in nicely, and haven't seen that since.

Edit...Amaze locked on pretty quickly and accurately, although I don't know how it actually found the GPS, since I can't find where in the menus to even tell it i have one, much less where to find it (COM, BAUD).
  15. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Forgot about my old laptop... So I brought it out... installed MDC and the Update tool. Updated my Phone, said 100% done... FINISHED!!!

Damn phone is bricked -- want boot past SAMSUNG screen. Can't even do a hard reset.

Verizon is overnighting saturday shipping to me.

WTF, lol

Jon
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

damn jon...not good.

and the let windows run gps plus the baud and port stuff is also under the sagas settings...still not sure what does what.
  17. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

what u need help with frog?
    j the first boot takes WAY longer after a flash
  18. EQBob

EQBob New Member

didn't for me.
  19. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

umm, BM, unless it takes LONGER then 1 hour... my phone is F'ed up.

I have been flashing and modding phones since before my Motorola Razr - NONE which have ever been legitimate and from Verizon. This is the first phone I DID NOT mod outside of Verizon's guidlines and used THEIR updater -- and this is what I get... lol

just my luck

and for those of you with GPS problems... I have know the perfect fix!!!

TomTom

lol... can anyone else tell that I am having a bad day... lol​

Jon​
  20. manbat

manbat Active Member

My Saga was delivered this afternoon....I'm at work until 10p....will not get home until 11p. Will be putting the Saga on my Q9m/c line. Good thing I'm off Sat. lol