New Q'r, Have a need!

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by mhawk, Feb 18, 2007.

1. mhawk

mhawk New Member

New Q'r, Have a need!

Ok, so I've been searching all day and maybe I'm not looking for the right thing, or maybe I don't have the correct software (q is fresh out of the box, still has tha new q smell...:tounge: ) Anyway, besides a couple of things that I'm working out how to use the q, it's pretty easy. I am looking to make my homescreen a little different. Right now I have the VzB homescreen and it contains the following:

Home Service Date Time

Email, Text

Appointments

News - Downloads

I would really like to remove the News - Download, and Email, and insert Tasks. Anyone have any ideas how I should proceed? Be kind, I'm new at this! Thank you for your help!
  2. ximpostrxx

ximpostrxx New Member

im not totally understanding what you wanna do but try simply changing your homescreen? maybe? because, not all of the homescreens display the same information, to change homescreen go to settings
  3. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Home Screen Plug-Ins

If you don't want to just change Home screens, you can edit the XML file and remove the News/Download and E-mail plug-ins.

Getting Tasks will require a non-standard plug-in, though.

Check out the Plug-In Requests thread for information on plug-ins. If you need more help, try one of the many Home screen threads. There's more than likely a decent Home screen tutorial thread around here.

Steve
  4. mhawk

mhawk New Member

Thanks!

Thanks for the info, I will give that a try...appreciate the help. Editing the XML!?!? This ought to be interesting! lol.... Thanks again!