New Papyrus SP is around the corner!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Prosper, Aug 17, 2008.

1. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

yes it should. did you remove Papyrus first as instructed on sbsh's forum? i removed first then made sure it was completely gone, did a soft reset, then installed calendar. and i was prompted as to whether or not i wanted calendar to be my default pim.
  2. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

thanks amitregrev for your reply.

I was probably the most vocal as to my complaints because even through all my venting Papyrus/Calendar was the only app that really worked for me. I did try the others and there was always something about them that irked me and brought me back to Papyrus.

I understand how busy you developers are with your different projects as well as your individuals lives but I still think you could have come back and given us some sort of update. Considering the new icons were promised in August....4 months ago. Prosper did come to your defense but after a while I guess I got on his nerves and he stopped.

Being a consumer yourself I am sure you can understand my frustrations but I am glad that you finally finished the upgrade and the new icons are a nice addition (although not as plentiful as the previous package).
  3. sherri

sherri Active Member

I thought I did! I did it from the "remove programs" in the settings tab. I did reboot the phone...I may still have the Papyrus .cab on my memory card. Should I remove those too?
  4. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I deleted the papyrus.cab from my storage card after i completed the remove programs. and for good measure i deleted the .cab from my pc before i installed the upgrade. so my finicky Q9c wouldn't be confused. :smile:
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

I'm afraid to "uninstall" it now! It works from the homescreen, so I think I will leave it....

I guess I could delete everything and reinstall (I have registration codes), but we all know how panicky I get with this phone!

"If it ain't broke.....":tounge:
  6. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Amit, do you guys have a twitter account? This will give those interested another option to track updates and releases.
  7. manbat

manbat Active Member

Upgraded....up and running

Did the upgrade...it's up and running.
  8. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Hi Tony :)

Technically we announce new releases with a newsletter, but the newsletter is only sent for larger updates and not for smaller update :/

We also offer two RSS feeds that you can subscribe which are automatically updated by our system each time a new update is available for any of our applications. You can find the details about the two RSS feeds at the link here below in case that you use RSS feeds :)

http://www.sbsh.net/rss

At the moment we still don't have any utility for auto-updating or some auto-notification each time that a new update is available for any of our applications, but this of course sounds like one of those things that will make a great addition and I will see what we can do about it too with upcoming updates :2cool:
  9. Thank you for coming on here and facing the music :). I have said since release 2 of papyrus (sorry it will always be that to me) I have used it much more on the phone side...
  10. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Here is my best suggestion: try to subscribe to our newsletter once again, you can do it easily and automatically at the following URL:
    http://www.sbsh.net/newsletter/subscribe

Afterward, let me know what email did you subscribe with and I will make sure to verify that this worked properly :) Maybe there is some specific problem that we are missing that I'm not aware of :/ so I will check this on the databases side too right away.
  11. amitregev

amitregev New Member

I totally understand the frustration from users' side that things took much longer than initially planned :(

Posting back here that we are still working every few days and we'll need a bit more time wasn't really helpful, so the best we could do is focus on work and make sure that things will be released in the shortest time frame we can and of course in the best possible way too.

BTW, following a different part of the discussion I will mention that the fact that I'm working on other applications too isn't actually effecting the development of Calendar and Calendar Touch since those are managed and developed by a different developer (Jason), which is focused only on this project :) So the reason for the delay was more related to the Calendar Touch new release which was also planned from the very beginning, but we got stuck with much more things to do there than we initially planned and therefore the entire new release got delayed like this :/

Our initial plan was to first finish with the Calendar Touch release and only then release the new icon store packages since those are linked with both versions: Calendar and Calendar Touch and this is why we were first waiting for it to be released :)

I can already mention that upcoming updates for Facade (Smartphone) and PocketBreeze (Pocket PC) are planned to support the same category icons and icon store extensions - so hopefully we will have some more nice news shortly now (although I won't commit on any date this time :2cool:)
  12. amitregev

amitregev New Member

This is correct - indeed you are not suppose to lose your appointments and tasks information at all since those are stored on the main device PIM database and not directly related to SBSH Calendar installation :/

@ Tony - If you are still having trouble bringing back the details to your device let me know and I'll see how we can get things running back again as it should right away.
  13. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Hi Sherri :)

Yes it should, exactly in the same way this worked with the former Papyrus version. Did you try to soft reset the device after installation and see if this helps by any chance?
  14. amitregev

amitregev New Member

As I mentioned a few posts above, I definitely understand the user's frustration from such situation :/ Unfortunately we are really trying to stay active as much as we can on all different forums and therefore I'm not sure if we will manage to track forums (apart from ours) more than we already do today :(

I will discuss some more with some of our team members and I will see if we can all get a bit more active on different forums and hopefully this way we will be able to prevent such in-active or "silent" situation from our side when we focus on development in future situations :)
  15. Prosper

Prosper New Member

16. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Since there already is a thread dealing with 'Calendar', shouldnt this one be closed? Since the upgrade to Calendar is free, I would assume that everyone is going to take advantage of it.