New Papyrus SP is around the corner!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Prosper, Aug 17, 2008.

1. THR,
    I just think that its bs that we he said he was doing the icon packs, then comes up with a new version of the software, and as is his right wants an upgrade price.
    He should have delivered what he said he was going to do.
    Under promise and over deliver, not the other way around.

Done with SBSH software. I will use the current versions until I get a new device and then choose a different vendor.
    rough week and am venting.
    If CT came out with a calendar I would buy it right now.....
  2. sherri

sherri Active Member

Tony, wasn't the Papyrus--> Calendar upgrade free if you had bought the upgraded Papyrus?
  3. don't know since I never got their email even though I am registered on their forums.
  4. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

that information should come from the designer/developer. He was quick enough to jump on here on make promises that he didn't fulfill and now he is too cowardly to come back. I have sent messages both here and at sbsh and he has ignored them.

I too am thoroughly disgusted with their business practices!! You just don't treat paying customers like this and expect to retain them or garner new business.

i never received an email informing me of an upgrade either.
  5. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

The post on the forum discussing the release of Calendar says the upgrade from Papyrus 2.0 to Calendar is free.
    They need to do a better job communicating these things to their paying, subscribed customers.
  6. I just did the upgrade based on their forums, which has you click like four links.
    it kept papyrus on the phone though.
    Also a check for update/ upgrade feature would be nice.

Not happy right now.
  7. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

yeah... but the post about Calendar here in EQ does say to uninstall Papyrus first, so that one is kinda on you.
  8. didn't complain about that....
  9. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Hi Pkswqe1Qrk and all! :)

It took us some time until we got everything ready and I'm really sorry for this delay but I'm pleased to be back today and say that we've just released the three category-icon extension packages and they are finally released and available for download!

As some of you have assumed I'm also glad to say that all the three icon store packages that we released today are available as a free download for all of our users. Once installed you will enjoy the new icons as part of your SBSH Calendar (former Papyrus) icon store category icon selection automatically.

Please be sure to update to the latest version of SBSH Calendar from our web-site since older version doesn't include the proper integration code that we added to support the new category icon packages :2cool:

As part of this release we released three new icon store packages for: Medical (45 icons), Personal (24 icons) and Sports (15 icons). All icon store packages were professionally designed and include really high quality icons with it! :) You can read more about this new release and find download links at the following post at our forums:

http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showtopic=23596

Again, I'm sorry it took us a bit longer than initially planned and yet I hope that you will all find these new icon store packages helpful! I would love to hear your thoughts about the new icon store packages and help with any questions that you might have - to the maximum I can.

Happy Xmas all! :)
  10. amitregev

amitregev New Member

I'm really sorry all for the delay it took to release the new icon store packages :( We really wanted to make sure these are released in the best possible way and also implement things in such a way that we will be able to easily integrate the new icon store extensions with our additional applications too and therefore it took a bit longer than we first planned - but I'm glad to be back today with the promised icon store packages release :)

Please review my reply here one post above for more details about it :)

I hope you will all enjoy the new icon store packages release and the additional icons to your SBSH Calendar with this new release.
  11. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Hi TarHeelsRule :)

Unfortunately it is almost impossible for us to track and review all threads over the internet related to our applications, but we really try to do our best and provide as much input about our developments as possible :/

As I posted in the two replies here above I'm pleased to say that the long-promised icon store extension packages are finally available and released earlier today :) and I'm sorry that it took us longer than planned - although I can assure that we were working hard to get this done in the best possible way all along.

In general, to get faster feedback from us you can always contact our support team and I can assure that our support team will make sure you reply within 24 hours maximum - this is in situations that I, or other members of our development team, are not replying here on the forums or on other forums over the internet. I'm simply afraid that we can't track all posts on all forums all the time since it will take us all development time :)
  12. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Hi Tony Bag o Donuts :)

The upgrade to the latest version is free of course :) Simply uninstall the current version you are using and install the new version on your device.

The same registration details will register the new version for you. Technically all upgrades within the same major version number are free (2.0 till 2.99 for example). The name change from SBSH Papyrus to SBSH Calendar didn't effect the upgrade in any way so the upgrade to the new version is of course still free.

Once you will have the latest version installed on your device you will also be able to find the new icon store packages available within SBSH Calendar.

I hope that this helps and please let me know if you have any additional questions on this :)
  13. amitregev

amitregev New Member

I'm glad to say that the upgrade is free for all registered users of Papyrus 2 :)

This was always stated on our web-site and we state this with each release post so I'm sorry for any confusion with this :/
  14. Thank you Amit for your reply.
    I am just annoyed that it was announced on your website but there is no feature in the program to check for updates.

Also doing the changeover, I lost every calendar appt and am restoring them from a backup.
  15. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Wow, what a mess :/

I'm definitely not too cowardly to reply here on the forums :) it is just that it is almost impossible to track all discussions over the internet and therefore I never even noticed the discussion going here as we've been really busy working on the development of the new SBSH Calendar version and the new icon store packages (which are finally released :) ).

I really have no clue how come none of you have received our newsletters until today - I will suggest to verify the subscription to the newsletter on our web-site. We usually try to submit a newsletter once a month (sometimes it takes us two months or so) and keep our users updated with all of news from our end during that time.

I also promise to do my utmost to stay updated here in the future too - but I have to say already that it is simply really hard for us to stay updated all over the internet all the time. But we definitely try to pay more attention on our own forums. And of course our support team should provide you with quick answers within 24 hours or less.

I really want to believe that our business practices are good and we definitely try to do our best to make sure all of our users are happy with our products - even though sometimes it takes us a bit longer to release what we planned, I still believe we invest the time needed to make sure things are released in the best possible way :)
  16. amitregev

amitregev New Member

I swear to god we have a newsletter :) We even submit a new one today (this usually takes about three days until submission is completed for all users).

I will suggest to verify that you are subscribed to our newsletter and we will also try to see how come it doesn't reach all users who are subscribed to it :/ I'm afraid that maybe our newsletter is blocked in some cases and I'm still not completely sure if there is much that we can do about it..
  17. Amit, I believe you, but I have never gotten one. Ever.
  18. This is what I said back in August of this year when the two week promise was made.
    I just wanted to post it so nobody calls me a hypocrite.
    Thank you for following up Amit.
  19. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Tony... I didnt lose my appointments etc etc when I upgraded... strange that you encountered this.
  20. sherri

sherri Active Member

I didn't lose appointments, but, like I stated before, when I click the "start" key. then the "calendar" icon, the phone opens up the "native" calendar. Before, with Papyrus, if I clicked the calendar icon, the Papyrus calendar would open. If I click the calendar icon from my homescreen, the "new" SBSH one opens...

Shouldn't the "new" SBSH calendar "take over" all calendars?