New Papyrus SP is around the corner!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Prosper, Aug 17, 2008.

1. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Prosper, I understand that he has other pans in the fire and that this isn't his only endeavor. But when you give a customer a timeline and then far exceed that timeline with absolutely no explanation then that's not cool. I have sent messages both here and at sbsh to no avail. That is what I find most aggravating about the whole situation. The total lack of concern seemingly on his part for loyal customers. I am frankly tired of you offering excuses for him. I would like to hear from him what the problem is, as to why the lengthy delay.
  2. Prosper

Prosper New Member

I didn't try to offer him a new excuse. I'm waiting for the new version as well (although probably with little more patience? :}
  3. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

If I already had the new icons (which is how the whole update thing started) I wouldn't even be posting. I would be enjoying using the app as I did with the previous version. Utilizing the icons I purchased to compliment Papyrus.

and patience has never been my strong point, although I don't think I am being unreasonable by reminding him that we (I) am still waiting, however impatiently. :}
  4. Prosper

Prosper New Member

If you think I'm kind of a "premium" SBSH staff because I already have and use the new icons, you're wrong. It was me making this new iconpack since I just got access to the registered icons a few days before (since I do work for SBSH). I saw the requests on several forums for an extended iconpack (like it had been there for Papyrus 1.x), and it was my idea to do this task for Amit. I compiled the new iconpack in my free time, and this was in no way paid. It took me quite a few hours to chose the right icons and to resize them to be usable for all screen resolutions. The "teasing" might have been understood in a wrong way.

Just to clarify. Thanks.
  5. Thanks for keeping us informed Prosper, but I WANT MY ICONS!!!:tounge:
  6. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Well, thanks Prosper for all your time and effort! I am not picking on you or giving you a hard time as you are not the one who committed to making the icons available "in two weeks" but since you are the only one responding to the posts you are getting the brunt of my frustration. Again I wouldn't be so frustrated if we hadn't been given a timeline that has passed weeks ago. And if Amit would deem us important enough to respond.
  7. Ever see the Money Pit? Two weeks to get it done......

8. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

Has anyone heard an update on the release of the updated 2.0 with bugs worked out. Originally I think we were told 3 weeks but that was like 2-3 months ago. I was waiting to purchase the program until the update was released. I don't know how much longer I am willing to wait. Might be time to re look into other programs.
  9. buy it now.
    its good as is.
    the interface is much better than before.
    we are all just waiting for icon packs to be released
  10. cindra

cindra Active Member

I'd wait. THR, I think, purchased her copy based on the statement that the icon pack would be done in 2 weeks. That was waaaaay long ago, with no clear updated timeline. If you need the icons, I'd wait to buy until they are no longer vaporware.
  11. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

I know he said icons would be released in like 3 weeks back in august. He said they would be released with an updated release of 2.0 with some bugs fixed. I dont want to buy it now than have to reinstall when update does come out but I can only hold out so long. I understand this isnt the only software he is working on but dont give a time line than complete blow that and dont ever update anyone. I have checked the website and nothing there either. This has got to be the longest 3 weeks ever!
  12. cindra

cindra Active Member

Try AgendaOne http://www.developerone.com/agendaone/ or Extreme Agenda http://www.birdsoft.biz/exagenda.htm . They have icons. :tounge:
  13. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place but I don't see any icons available with Extreme Agenda. I am sooo tired of being ignored by the Papyrus so I am giving Extreme Agenda a trial. Agenda One didn't have very many icons either although they said that additional ones were available but couldn't figure out how to locate those either.

I am soo frustrated in that I had my calendar set up the way I wanted it with all my extra icons that I purchased from Papyrus before the so called upgrade and now to still be waiting 3 months later for the promised icons is unbelievable to me! I am a firm believer in that at the end of the day all we as individuals have is our word to stand on.

All I want to do is to know at a glance what I have planned for any given day and I was able to do that before by simply looking at the icons. Why is this such a difficult thing to achieve?:angry:

*found the icons!
  14. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

and i may have understood wrong but the icons are done and ready. They just arent issueing them until they issue the update to papyrus with a few bugs fixed but unfortunately he is working on other software right now. Im tired of waiting too going to look elsewhere i guess
  15. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I had gotten Agendus back when EQ was giving it away free so I was able to upgrade to the newest version just released for under $10 at the EQ store. I will be playing with it tonight and let you know what I think.
  16. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I tried the demo of Agendus 3.0..very sluggish and sometimes stopped responding for a couple of seconds.
    I'll stick with Papyrus.
  17. cindra

cindra Active Member

I tried Agendus and Papyrus and they both were sluggish, which I did not expect because they had run fine on other devices I had purchased them for. I never tried Extreme Agenda because I didn't know about it, but I tried AgendaOne and was so happy with it (still am!) that I never looked further. :smile:

@ THR. AgendaOne has lots of themes ready-to-go, a program to help you build themes, and I believe somewhere there is even a how-to to create your own icons if you can't find what you want, although as I recall the extra icons were through Bert-somebody/something. :tounge:
  18. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

Just to let anyone know the update to 2.0 has been released and they released 3 different icon packs (medical, sports and the other one escapes me). That was the longest 2-3 weeks I have ever experienced but they are finally available.
  19. about time.
    but if you had papyrus does that get upgraded or do you get upgraded to calendar?

just tried the icons...they don't work with papyrus..... what BS
  20. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

you have to remove papyrus and upgrade to calendar. when it was released last week the new icons were not included. never did hear from amitgrev after his empty promise of 2-3 weeks. when i looked the upgrade to calendar was available for $7.95.