New Papyrus SP is around the corner!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Prosper, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Not sure. Amit's definition of time is little different from the world's definition :tounge:
    To be serious, I think it's not that far away anymore... And the new icons are really great (haha, guess who made the icon pack - and guess who already uses them =D)..
  2. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Way to rub it in! :embarassed:
  3. softspirits

softspirits Guest

DEAR DEVELOPERS:
    <<UPDATED>>

Hey guys, I just bought the program through EverythingQ, and although I figured it out rather quickly, the terminology was a little difficult. There was an activation code sent, but on the trial's reg screen it asks for a user name and ID kEY... I didn't instantly put together that I was to use my email address as the user name and the activation code as the ID Code.
    Might help some folks if you used the same terms for the same fields.

-----> OK, its been about 6 minutes and i just got an email explaining what exactly my username/id key is... which makes it perfectly clear what should be done at the registration screen... I guess I was just a little impatient and wanted instant gratification...!

~D
  4. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Many thanks braj for the additional help and for all the feature requests! :) I'm glad to say that we are finally getting closer with the new upcoming version release and I hope that within about ~two weeks from now we will be getting ready with the announcement of the new version release :2cool:

This new version will also include an implementation for the IconStore extension free package that we plan to release, so two or three days following the upcoming version release we will also release the long-waited IconStore extension for our users! :laugh2:

I'm sorry that things are taking a bit time with this new upcoming update - but we are definitely getting ready with some exciting news as part of this upcoming update, making sure it will be an exciting new release this time too! :smile:
  5. zelendel

zelendel Member

It would figure I just bought the 2.+ version and now a new upated version will be released lol.
  6. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Hi TarHeelsRule :)

The main problem with the release of the iconStore extension is related to the fact that we need to complete some specific change in the Papyrus code too in order to automatically detect the new icon store extension and make the installation of the new icon store extension really simple for our users :smile:

Since this require also a small code change with Papyrus, the release of the IconStore Extension package will only be possible once the new Papyrus update will be released and therefore the two are connected to each other :/

We are having amazing progress these days I promise that we will do our utmost to have it all released ASAP and in the best possible way. This looks like a matter of ~two weeks now for the upcoming update, so I hope this will be a reasonable wait. If this will take longer I'll post back here with some more information and maybe I can email you the IconStore extension in private along with some more information how you can have it manually installed for you :) We prefer not to do it since we want the installation to be clean and automatic, but if I'll see that we still need another week or so I'll be glad to guide you via email and provide you with the IconStore extension beforehand, so you won't need to wait any longer for the new IconStore Extension package.

Cheers! :thumbup:
  7. amitregev

amitregev New Member

I'm really glad to hear that you enjoy using the new Papyrus softspirits! :) Many thanks for the support! :2cool:
  8. amitregev

amitregev New Member

*I think* (although I'll make sure to verify this once again) that there is also a small notice included on the welcome email from Mobihand (or other online web-stores) that includes a comment stating that the username for the key you received should be your email address :) (or any other username in other cases..).

We also email users with their information shortly after to make sure that everything is clear, so I'm glad to hear that everything was working properly for you eventually.

I will make sure to verify that there is a comment included also on the resulting purchase page that instruct users to use their email address as their username, otherwise I definitely agree that this can be a bit confusing :)
  9. amitregev

amitregev New Member

This upcoming update will be a free update for all of our registered users, so you won't have any trouble downloading it and installing it on top of the current version you are using as soon as it will be available :)

You can read more details about our upgrades policy at our web-site at the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/support.php?page=policies

I hope that this helps :2cool:
  10. zelendel

zelendel Member

that it does thanks
  11. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Still waiting! Ready to jump ship to AgendaOne rather than continuing to get empty promises. Have pmed both here and sbsh to no avail.
  12. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Geez... it's a free add-on, not something you paid for, did not receive and are thereby entitled to.
    Pouting and 'threatening' to go to another app...seriously...
    Give them time to work out the bugs... do you rather have an unfinished product?
  13. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Yes it is a free add-on that I paid before on the 1st version and would gladly pay for again. What I am "pouting" aabout is the fact that we were given a sneak peek on Aug 26th and told would be available in about 2 weeks on Set. 22nd and so far.....nothing. Don't know how long it takes to work the bugs out but some word as to his progress would be nice. I guess I am just a spoiled consumer to hope that it would be done when promised.
  14. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

The only promise I saw is that they will do their best to have it released as soon as possible. They were pretty clear in stating that they made a tentative date but it is not written in stone.
    It sucks that the rep has not posted back here, but stuff happens. The rep has other responsibilities and duties and it probably slipped his mind.
    I understand you gotta vent, but why take this so seriously?
  15. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Obviously you don't need or hadn't gotten used to having the app w/ all the additional icons that were available with the 1st edition. But I liken it to your mechanic telling you your car will be ready around 5 and then when you get there the shop is closed, your car is not ready and you have no explanation as to why. He didn't really say for sure, so what you just wait patiently for him to contact you or do you ask questions and threaten to take your car to a different garage. I don't think my asking questions was unreasonable. I didn't get nasty, I simply asked for an update, again.
  16. Prosper

Prosper New Member

I think Amit is currently busy with the SafeWallet U3 stuff (you've checked out SafeWallet already?). Things get delayed, but I guess the icons will arrive shortly now.
  17. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

relax dude....
  18. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Evidently keeping current customers happy is not a priority! :angry:
  19. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

I agree a few weeks or a couple weeks(I forgot how he phrased it) has turned into a month and a half at least. I am waiting to buy until the updated version gets released.
  20. Prosper

Prosper New Member

It's turned into a longer delay now indeed. Not sure what is causing this. Might be the Papyrus for PPC code Jason is working on. Or he just doesn't have that much time at the moment...