New Papyrus SP is around the corner!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Prosper, Aug 17, 2008.

1. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

will the icon pack add on be offered at an additional cost or will it be free for papyrus customers? Any word on when it will be released?
  2. I think/ hope it will be a free icon pack...
  3. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I keep checking to see it has been released too. I am anxiously waiting the new icons so I can get my calendar setup right.

4. I almost regretted buying papyrus back in october, but since the upgrade I am using it more for entry of appts, etc, rather than just looking at them. Much improved!!
  5. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

How do you install the icons?

I bought a pack with like 750 nice icons..cant install em tho.
  6. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

That is beyond my expertise! The additional icons that we are talking about are coming with a minor upgrade from Papyrus and should install painlessly.
  7. JCB1

JCB1 New Member

Does Papyrus come with "Standard" Icons

Hey all,

New smartphone user (little over a month) and new Papyrus user. I used the trial version of Papryus briefly, but then bought registered version. I was under the impression from the SBSH website, screenshots that Papyrus came with what I will refer to as "standard" icons; yet am flustered to find there are no icons in the Icon picker? What am I doing wrong?

Appreciate your assistance and feedback!
    JCB
  8. BigTK

BigTK New Member

9. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Yes - the new icon set will be a free addition for our Papyrus users :) so there won't be any additional cost for it at all.

Technically we've got the new additional icons set ready, but we still can't release it since we need first to complete a new update for Papyrus which will include automatic-detection of the new additional icon set so that Papyrus will know to automatically detect the new icon store extension package, so that the new additional installation will be simple to install for all of our users instead of having to manually copy icons around the device :)

Due to this required change in Papyrus too we are holding the release of the icon store extension package until the upcoming Papyrus update will also be completed.

We have this upcoming Papyrus version already in beta testing now and we are working on this in maximum speed, so I really hope to post back here with more news pretty soon now :2cool:

I will be sure to keep you all updated the moment that the new Papyrus update will be ready and released and also once the icon store extension will also be available for download! :smile:
  10. amitregev

amitregev New Member

I promise that we are working on this and it won't take too long until we will have it released :smile:

I guarantee that we won't disappoint with the new icon store extension package! Similar to the large step forward that we did with this new Papyrus 2 release (or at least so I hope :laugh2:).

Cheers! :2cool:
  11. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Anyone with a q9h global able to get this to launch from the dedicated calender button?
    My trial period expired and having this functionality will help in any decision to purchase.
  12. braj

braj New Member

I just found the solution myself:

1. Install registry editor e.g. PHM
    2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> ControlPanel -> Keybd
    3. Look for the key, APP4_Path
    4. Back up the key
    4. Open it and change the Value data to the full path of Papyrus, i.e. \Program Files\Papyrus\papyrus.exe

It's working great for me now :)
  13. braj

braj New Member

Incidentally, I was also able to edit the path for the music button, so now I don't launch Cingular Music but Kinoma Play. (this was APP2_PATH). That is cool because it was one of the things keeping me tied to WMP for music, now one button rules them all :)
  14. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Hi Braj :)

Many thanks for posting back with this information! This is really helpful and we will be using this information to implement an automated solution for this with upcoming Papyrus updates so that Papyrus installation will know how to automatically replace the Calendar shortcut with Papyrus also on devices that use this shortcut setup (as opposed to devices that use the basic Microsoft Calendar shortcut which Papyrus already knows how to take-over properly at this stage).

I have on additional question for you if possible - do you know what registry key we should be looking for to replace the Tasks shortcut too? Technically the Papyrus installer also configures the Tasks shortcut to lead to Papyrus tasks and therefore if we will know what should be the registry key that should be replaced to take over the Tasks application too we will be able to implement this along with the upcoming Papyrus update and have the Tasks shortcut replaced automatically and properly too this way :)

Unfortunately our main problem is that we simply don't have any Smartphone device with this specific problem on it and therefore our best way to work on a resolution for this issue is with great help from users, like in this case!

Many thanks for the help with this and we will be working to have this implemented as part of the upcoming update right away! :2cool:
  15. braj

braj New Member

I'm glad that was helpful :) Regarding a Tasks key, there isn't one on the Q9m, so there isn't anything to map. I think the Calendar button is about all I'd want mapped to Papyrus.

Still waiting on those new icons :) One suggestion for future icons: make some that are really simple (but polished) so that they are clearer on a small smartphone screen. Really busy icons aren't very useful when you can't easily identify what it represents. A selection of different colored circles would be great, a medical cross, some family icons, stuff like that.

Anyhow, I'm really warming up to Papyrus now that I can launch it easily. You guys did a great job and I can't wait for some future enhancements. Just a couple ideas:

Nice to be able to set a custom icon and text color for any event, overriding the Category settings.

Nice to be able to have Papyrus automatically set the category and add a custom icon based on keywords in the title of an entry (Agendus on Palm has a similar feature 'Vivid Agenda' which works similarly)

Thanks!
  16. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Am I the only one who is getting impatient waiting on the additional icons?! We were given a sneak peek and yet the wait continues. What's up, I understand they wanted to so more upgrades but couldn't the icons be released separately?

potQ9c
  17. softspirits

softspirits Guest

I wish my 9c had a calendar button!
    I am running the trial of papyrus, and i'll be registering because I think its great! I really didn't like xagenda cause its too bulky.
  18. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Actually no, since a few changes have to be made for the new icons to work.
  19. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

So what is the timeframe? We were given the sneak peek on 8-26 almost a month ago! We were told a couple of weeks and the new icons would be in our greedy little hands.
  20. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

I want them too! :)