New Papyrus SP is around the corner!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Prosper, Aug 17, 2008.

1. told you half of them were on vacation....
    amit is good.
  2. sherri

sherri Active Member

Prosper, I just recieved an e-mail regarding the "help" ticket (I basically asked why I haven't recieved the "other" e-mail...)

If you can let Amit know, I would be most appreciative!

Thanks in advance for all your help!
  3. sherri

sherri Active Member

I think this is the link....a little stupid with the techy stuff (getting better, though!):wink:

http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showtopic=22728&hl=
  4. sherri

sherri Active Member

Wow!!!

Just received frm support@sbsh.net:

Hello Sherri,

I'm terribly sorry for the trouble with this matter and I will be glad to help you with this right away!

I'm not sure how come you didn't receive your free upgrade details via email by now and I will try to check in to it some more and see what I can find on this matter, you are definitely correct and you should have received free upgrade details for the new Papyrus version since it was registered within the grace period for the new Papyrus 2 release.

I've included your registration details for the new Papyrus version.

Thanks for all the help, Tony & Prosper!! (Prosper, Thank Maya for me!!)

Tony, you can come back now!!!:tounge:
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

Glad they finally came thru...

=============================
    Glad they got you fixed up!!
  6. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Am I the only one who cannot get Papyrus to be associated with the calender button??
    I am enjoying the demo, but I dont think I'll purchase this if that functionality is busted.
  7. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I was able to replace the phone's PIM with Papyrus and all is good to go. Waiting patiently for some more catergory icons and I will be set!

Sorry you are still having trouble.
  8. braj

braj New Member

I own both Papyrus and AgendaOne, and ended up settling on AgendaOne until the Papyrus version came out. But when I installed it on my device, I didn't select it as the default calendar app. Now I don't see a setting to get it set as default in the prefs.

I'm kind of on the fence about the new version vs AgendaOne. I'd like more personal icons as well, as someone mentioned earlier.Even though improved, I still think entering data feels more clunky than AgendaOne's very simple setup. I'd like a couple options to choose from if possible. Maybe it is just my personal preference but I haven't been using either long (under two weeks).

I was delighted to see this update. It was really cool: I bought a Q, three days later I think 6.1 was released. Have bought Papyrus, it gets an update!, Facade, Pocket Weather, FizzWeather, Guitar Hero III in this time, and trying to decide on a good media player.

One question I have for the Papyrus developer: why doesn't it incorporate Pocket Weather info? That would be a huge value add for someone buying your whole suite of apps.

Anyhow, I'm sticking to AgendaOne until I can get the key mapped, that is just too much of a convienience when you are trying to get to your datebook to jot down an appointment while talking/in a hurry.
  9. Prosper

Prosper New Member

As mentioned many times before (I think), the Q's hardware key uses a different system (which isn't a WM standard) to assign the app. The Papyrus installation only changes the WM links to the PIM application. Changing the Q's hardware button is therefore not supported, but can be done manually.

Good suggestion. I like the idea of having weather information within Papyrus. :)
  10. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

I have all of SBSH's software for smartphones (facade, MyList, PocketWeather, Clock, and Papyrus) and I would love to see them all be able to work hand in hand :)
  11. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Is there anyone that can direct us (me or Jason which is working on the Papyrus project) to some written content explaining how to manually change the calendar links on the Q device to different PIM applications?

As Prosper explained here above, current Papyrus ability to change the Calendar link to Papyrus is designed to change the default links direction as documented by Microsoft. Apparently on some Q device models (I'm not completely sure on which) the link to the Calendar shortcut is directed in a different method, one which is not yet recognized by Papyrus installation, and therefore the "button-overtaking" by Papyrus on those device models is still not supported at this stage.

If someone will be able to direct me to some additional information how you can manually change those Calendar and Task links on those specific Q devices we will be able to easily implement something automatic that will do that for the user with the upcoming minor update of Papyrus to version 2.01 and then this will allow Papyrus to replace the Calendar and Tasks links automatically for all users :) Including those that are using those specific Q models that doesn't work at the moment.

I will mention that this shouldn't be any major problem to implement something like this - we simply didn't know that this is the situation with some device models during our beta testing and now that we have some more information on this we will be sure to implement something like this.

This shortcut-changing problem is also only with a few specific Q models. We have a Q devices as part of our QA devices here locally too and it is working great on this device (and it is also working for many additional Q users), but since there are multiple different Q models it seems that this problem exists on some of the Q models out there today... so we will need to do just a bit more investigation on this matter I believe :2cool:

Another small comment that I think is worth mentioning since I already mentioned the upcoming update to version 2.01 here above - all sub-point version releases like this upcoming update are of course free for all of our registered users (for those that are not familiar with our apps development until today :) ).

Many thanks to anyone that might be able to direct me to some more information how we should be changing the Calendar and Tasks links manually :)
  12. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Hi kareljack :)

Please check my reply one post above this one on this matter :)

And afterwards - can you please tell me which exact Q model are you using? I would like to try and understand which Q models are causing this specific problem and then we will see how we can implement something that will fix this automatically right away! :2cool:
  13. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I have the Q9H Global.. (my sig is supposed to have that info.. dunno why it's not showing) running WinMo 6.1

I am fairly sure that when I tried the demo for the previous version of Papyrus that the hard button worked.
    In any case, I have links to the calender on one of the sliding panels and those launch Papyrus 2. BUT!!! If I use the button - and that launches the built in calender - then afterwards when I use the links on the sliding panel, the built in calender launches, not Papyrus 2. Weird....
  14. amitregev

amitregev New Member

We've had multiple requests from users asking to see additional category icons delivered with the new Papyrus release and I can already hint that we are going to provide some nice solution for those of you that would like to have additional category icons for use with Papyrus (and additional SBSH applications in the future...).

Here is a small ( :2cool: ) hint of what should be ready for release really soon now (basically we will still need just a bit more time since we are making a few final adjustments with Papyrus code to adopt with this new extension pack in the best possible way and then we will have this available for download from our site too :) ).

[​IMG]

A special thank-you to Prosper for his help getting this project executed so quickly!

More news on this will be announced shortly...
  15. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Thanks for the sneak peek!! They look great and will be well-used by yours truly! Appreciate all your hard work to answer this request.
  16. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to edit or delete a catergory? When I upgraded some of my categories duplicated themselves and some I don't use anymore but I can't figure out a way to get rid of them. The only choices are to add an icon or new category. Surely we should have the capabilities to delete or edit! I posted on sbsh already with no response there so figured I would try it here as well.
  17. sulster

sulster Active Member

THR- do you use Outlook? I think you can only delete categories on there...
  18. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Thanks Sulster! I will try that as soon as I get home.
  19. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Hi TarHeelsRule :)

As Sulster mentioned in the reply above, currently there is no option to rename or delete categories when using the new Papyrus 2. In this aspect Papyrus keeps a similar level to the default Calendar application which only allow addition of new categories on the Smartphone device, while deletion is managed on the PC side when using Outlook :) (with the important difference that you can assign icons and colors to your categories when using Papyrus of course).

However, we've received multiple requests by now to support renaming and deletion of categories with the new Papyrus 2 from users on our forums and also via our email support team, so I'm glad to say that this is one of the new features that we are working on these days for the next upcoming minor update for Papyrus (this is planned to be version 2.01), so pretty soon now you will also be able to rename and delete categories that were added on your Smartphone device without having to manage this from your Outlook on your PC.

We hope to have this new upcoming update ready and avaialble for download within about two weeks from now. Of course it will include additional features and improvements with it, but since this specific request was raised multiple times at this stage I thought it will be nice to comment about our progress with this feature implementation :)

Updating to all minor versions is free for all Papyrus 2.X registered users of course.

Have a great day all! :2cool:
  20. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I guess I will have to patiently wait for the upgrade because going through Outlook is not working. It shows me the catergories for Outlook but not the ones that I set up within Papyrus than I can associate with a icon. Of course, I could be looking in the wrong places. I tried to edit through the registry and that didn't work either. I am such a neat freak that it is driving me crazy having them there but it's not the end of world. I will have to hold out a little longer before I can clean it up.