New Papyrus SP is around the corner!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Prosper, Aug 17, 2008.

1. sherri

sherri Active Member

The original version I had was registered, becaus when I "clicked" on Papyrus from the phone, and went to information, it said "registered"...

I also asked them to send me the registration codes, which the did, in an e-mail. It shows that I have Facade for Smartphone (and gives me the original activation code), and Papyrus for Smartphone (again, with the original activation code)

I'm getting very frustrated. I know the $7.95 is not a biggie, but it isn't something I need/want. Since you are here, how do you delete an appointment from the calendar on Papyrus????
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

Upgrade..

========================================
    It's considered a "major" upgrade. Minors are usually free. Majors are not. I have the old CAB since you have the reg number I could get the cab to you and you could re-install the former version
  3. sherri

sherri Active Member

If you think that will work, it would be appreciated! You can send it in a pm...(why did mobihand say it would be free? I only have it since May...)
  4. manbat

manbat Active Member

Let me get it up-loaded.......

===================================================
    Let me get it uploaded...You will probably have to uninstall the new demo...I'm not sure that old will install over new. I'll PM you the link.
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

I got it and installed. Thank you! When I go to settings in Papyrus, it now shows Papyrus 1.3.17 7/27/2007, WM5 Build

Still says: Register at: http://sbsh.net

However, the 2 soft keys show: Done or Menu. No "Register" button. Does this mean it is the full, registered version? I know I paid for this in May, and registered it then. I have an activation code, but no registration code. When I go to the sbsh site, and ask for registration info, they send me the same "activation" codes that I already have.....No "user ID" or "registration key"...

Anyone out there still wonder why I still have the original Q? I should never try to mess with this thing!
  6. manbat

manbat Active Member

I have used that CAB before.....

=====================================================
    Sorry...I have used that same CAB after a hard Reset twice and it always prompted for registration. It might have something to do with a prompt that comes up when you remove the App. "Save settings for future installs". Did you tell it to save? The only thing about saying no is that it removes all of your appointments etc. I would try emailing support, and wait for an answer. Again sorry I couldn't help you.
  7. sherri

sherri Active Member

Actually, right before I got your pm, I went to mobihand, and I was able to pull up my original installation. (I save all .cab files, so it was just searching for it on my pc...) I downloaded from there, and yes, I told it to save settings.

I did e-mail support, and hopefully they'll respond before I get up in the morning! (It's 12:14 am here...I worked all day!)

Thank you again for your help. At least on the Papyrus settings, it is not telling me that this is a "trial" version and will expire in 1 days! If this is the registered version that I had before I started looking at the upgrade, I will be fine. The new version looks great, but as long as I have my appointments, I'm good! (I have 3 kids on 3 different schedules/cheerleading/golf/Hebrew school/Bar Mitzvah lessons/intramurals/and a full time job, not including hubby's appointments, and any of my "personal" appointments!)
  8. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Thanks :) We will investigate this some more and see what we can find and what can be done on this :2cool:
  9. bann3d

bann3d Member

One of my favorite, and most useful and used apps. Thanks for the info.! :laugh2:

10. just highlight and select delete from the menu.
  11. sherri

sherri Active Member

That's how I did it in the "old" version, but there was no "delete" option in the new "2.0" version.

I re-downloaded the version I paid for, and it works for me...I am just concerned if it is registered! When I go the the sbsh site, and ask for my "registration recovery", they send me my password and activation code (the same one I have from mobihand).

When I click on Papyrus from the Q, and go to "settings", it says to register at http://www.sbsh.net , but the "soft" keys say "done" and "menu". (No "register" soft key, like it was giving me on the new version. The new version also said it was a trial, and would expire in 12 days...)

They (sbsh) have not responded to my e-mails or my question posted on their forum...

Where is Prosper when I need him?
  12. I know half of them are on vacation....In month view click on the day.
    the appts show up.
    then click menu\delete.
  13. Prosper

Prosper New Member

*chimes in* :laugh2:

Uhm. For example in daily view, when you highlight an appointment, there's no "New appointment/New task/Delete/More/etc" menu?

This should be all correct. The registration recovery should send you the registration details for the copies you purchased.

Are you speaking about the old or the new version here? 1.4 or 2.0?

Just to clarify:
    You will need to purchase an upgrade (7.95$ if I remember correctly) for the 2.0 version, since this version is a "major" version change (say, 1.x to 2.x).
    If you install the 2.0 version, you will see the "Trial expires" message if you haven't registered it yet. If you then install the "old" version again (which is registered on your device) you will of course be able to fully use this version (since it kept your registration info).

Am I correct with this overall?
  14. sherri

sherri Active Member

I tried last night, and couldn't figure it out. I un-installed, and re-installed the version I paid for in May. HOWEVER, I trust you and your opinion, and if you really feel that the new version is much better than the old, I will give it a shot, forgo my fat free fro-yo, and use the $7.95 to register the new version (EVEN THOUGH ACCORDING TO THE SITE I BOUGHT IT FROM CLAIMS MY "UPGRADE" IS FREE)!:smile:

I just want to make sure the version I have is registered. I'm willing to spend the $7.95, but not the $24+, because what I have works!

Thanks again, Tony!
  15. Prosper

Prosper New Member

True. 1 of the 2 support staffs is on vacation (but Amit is handling this as well in this time). Responses might get in little delay. But the forums should have normal response times as usual.

Could you provide a link to your post? I can't seem to find it ...:frown:
  16. sherri

sherri Active Member

FROM THE SBSH.NET WEBSITE!!!

Upgrade Policy

According to SBSH Upgrade Policy users who registered SBSH Papyrus 1.X after May 1st, 2008, including, are entitled to receive a free upgrade to the new Papyrus 2.

All users entitled for a free upgrade should receive their free upgrade information via email within the first 3 days following the new Papyrus release. If 3 days have passed and you haven't received your upgrade information please contact our support team.

Prosper, This entitles me to a free upgrade, no? Bought my Papyrus on May 13, 2008 (THIS IS AFTER MAY 1st,2008)

I would like some help, but every time I try the "help" button at the sbsh site, I am asked to enter the "verification" code. (I know this is to prevent spamming and automated e-mails...)EVERY CODE I ENTER, I GET THE "THE VERIFICATION CODE YOU ENTERED IS INCORRECT. PLEASE GO BACK AND TRY AGAIN"

Sorry for yelling, but I am frustrated, and I like to get what I am "entitled" to....
  17. (staying away from sherri for a few hrs) :tounge:
  18. sherri

sherri Active Member

Not necessary! (Funny, but not necessary...)I just submitted a "help ticket" on their website, and hopefully, they will respond.

I took the day off, kids are done with camp, so I should go spend some time with them before they get jealous of all the time I spend here!:wink:
  19. Prosper

Prosper New Member

True. I've just noticed this (the fact, that you've bought after May 1st), and wanted to respond to you a second time on that matter actually.

Did you get this mail? You should have recieved this mail already (since today is the 3rd day after the release). If not, I'll reply to your post on SBSH now and tell Amit to handle this.
  20. sherri

sherri Active Member

Just received on my e-mail.....Timer starts NOW!!:tounge:

Hello sherri,

This is an automated email sent to you from SBSH Mobile Software support system. This is to acknowledge that we have received your support ticket. You can expect a reply from our support team within 24 hours.