New Papyrus SP is around the corner!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Prosper, Aug 17, 2008.

1. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I installed the trial and it's awesome!!!
    Just one thing....I remember being prompted to select if I wanted it to be associated with the phone's calender. Yet when I use the calender button it still defaults to the phone's calender.
    Any ideas??
  2. Prosper

Prosper New Member

I think the calendar button on the Q uses a hard-coded link, therefor Papyrus isn't able to change this one. Does Papyrus start if you click the Calendar link in the Start Menu?
  3. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Hi Kareljack :)

I'm really glad to hear that you enjoy the new version features :) We have some really cool new additions for it just around the corner, so I hope that within a few weeks from now we will be able to present those.

Regarding the Calendar shortcut button - there is a good chance that Prosper is right about that, but I would like to check if you restarted the phone after the installation completed? In many cases a restart is required for the change to take effect, so it is possible that this is the case here too :)
  4. sulster

sulster Active Member

:)

It's because you dared go on VACATION! /gasp\
    :D

/sticks tongue out at RB\

(End of thread hijack)
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that was uncalled for..

:}
  6. Great upgrade.
    I posted on sbsh's forums that I would like calendar appt in month view to appear on the bottom like in the past, because it chops them off for me on the side, or at least the option to chose the location of the window.
  7. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

I Promise, I wont do it again....

until next year.
  8. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Hi Tony :)

I replied to this request on our forums but I'll mention that we will consider making this optional so that users will be able to force the preview pane location display.

Another option that might be helpful - how about configuring your appts display on the preview pane to word-wrap the subject line up to two lines instead of only single line display? This will allow you to view twice the length of an appointment subject and might be somewhat helpful - what do you think?

Placing the preview pane at the bottom on landscape devices seems a bit problematic since it really leaves very little place for about two appointments top - especially on months with 6 weeks display in them :gasp:
  9. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I tried everything but no luck. I installed to the card; then to the device. I rebooted after each install.. no joy.
    Neither the button nor the link in the start menu went to papyrus.
    Minor issue in any case.... still a fan of the app.
  10. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I am loving the new and improved app! But I need more icon choices! I had purchased the extra set of icons before because they were more working mom friendly. I like the ability to look at my calendar and know by my icon choices who has a game or doctor appts or such. The icons that accompanied the new release lend more to the working professional than the working mom, who is also juggling ballet lessons, horseback riding and football games along with work.

11. I agree, I would love medical or dr. family, etc. icons.
  12. Prosper

Prosper New Member

First, there is a small tutorial on SBSH on how to add your own icons to the categories icons.
    http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showtopic=22263

Second, SBSH is going to release other icon sets for the new Papyrus in the (hopefully really) near future. I'm already working on this.

:)
  13. yep saw the thread....
    I have been using papyrus for almost a year, but never really loved it until now. People ask why did I choose it. I say cause it sounds cool.
    But this is a MAJOR upgrade and well worth it. Gets my vote!!!
  14. amitregev

amitregev New Member

What is the exact device model you are using with what OS version? :gasp: We will try to further investigate the cause for this issue and see how we can have this resolved as part of the upcoming updates development :)
  15. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Hi TarHeelsRule :)

With some great assistance from Prosper, who discussed this exact same matter with me this morning, we will soon release an expansion pack that will install a set of additional category icons for Papyrus that users will be able to easily install on their device and enjoy a great expansion for their category icons this way B)

This additional category icons installation package will be delivered as a free additional download from our site for our users, so there won't be any additional purchase required for this or anything like this. We hope to include some really great additional icons with this new additional package for our users.

We will announce this release with a small press release too and I hope that we will manage to complete this new release already in the next couple of days now. I can assure that we are doing our utmost to have this new additional category icons package released ASAP now :2cool:

Apart from this - I'm really glad to hear that you enjoy using the new Papyrus version!! :)
  16. amitregev

amitregev New Member

Medical it will be then!! :D I have a good feeling you will be really happy with the extra category icons that are in the works now... :)
  17. amitregev

amitregev New Member

I'm really glad to hear that you are happy with the improvements that were implemented with this new version! :)

We were at first hoping to have this release ready about two months earlier than the final release date, but we had so many things that we wanted to include with the new release that the development phase took somewhat longer than we initially thought it will take - but we are happy with the new version result so eventually we believe this was worth the extra development time we needed :)

And most importantly, now that we have the infrastructure designed properly and the way that we wanted things to be working we are going to continue and focus on some other really cool things that we have in mind as part of upcoming minor updates in the upcoming weeks and months! :2cool:
  18. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I have the Q9H Global running WinMo 6.1.
    Thanks for your assistance.
  19. sherri

sherri Active Member

I was told at Mobihand (where I originally bought the Papyrus) that my upgrade was free, since I have only had it for a few months....When I download it, and go int Papyrus, it tell me that I have a trial version, and that I need to register online. When I go to the sbsh website, I can upgrade for $7.95.

How do I resolve this? I don't "need" the upgrade, so it would be fine to go back to the original version I have (had!). How do I do this?

I have tried contacting the support team at sbsh, but it keeps telling me the "verification code" is incorrect. I have tried over 15 times, and tried different verification codes (by logging out and re-logging in, then clicking "support" again....this gives a new verification code...)I know the developers are here occasionally, and any help would be appreciated.

20. did you register with their forums?
    even if you had to pay the 7.95 it is WELL WORTH IT!