New Ozone, some newb questions

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by Eckman, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Eckman

Eckman New Member

New Ozone, some newb questions

Hi all,

This is my first smartphone and I am 40 so I am probably just an idiot. But I have a couple of questions. I have used my cell phone as my 5AM wake up alarm for many years and I am wondering if there is a easy way or a profile edit that will allow me to utilize the alarms without hearing every email notification throughout the night.

In addition, the Alarm 1 screen is fine, but the Alarm 2 screen is jumbled and looks completely different and doesn't allow me to use it.

Also, I downloaded some 3rd party aps, but can't find a way to get them into the Ozone and also work.

I was having issues with my desktop running vista, so I use activesync on my laptop running XP.

Thanks for any help or direction you can give me.
  2. mhans311

mhans311 Member

One thing you could look at is in your email options to see if there is an option to have it only check email during certain hours. For my hotmail account there is an option to only have it check during a certain time frame so it won't check during the night, but will update in the morning again with all the new emails. I don't have this option for my gmail account for some reason....but you should check it out. Just go to messaging, then highlight your email account, hit menu, then go to settings.

Another option is to go to your profiles and edit one of them so that the reminder volume is high (for the alarm) but the notification volume (for email) is set to Off. I am pretty sure that the alarm is considered a "reminder" and that a new email is considered a "notification". Just switch it to this profile before bed and your new emails should be silent but your alarm will still sound in the morning.

When you download third party apps it is usually in the form of a .cab file. Sync your phone to the computer and put the .cab file on your phone. On your phone, find the .cab file and select it and it should just install for you. You will only have to select whether you want it installed on the phone or the sd card. Also, make sure it is an app that is for windows mobile smartphone (non-touchscreen) and not windows mobile professional (touchscreen). If you are doing this and it still doesn't work...I am not sure what's wrong. Hope this helps a little.
  3. SaturnMan

SaturnMan New Member

If I understand your first question correctly, Start-Settings-Sounds will bring you to an option to set New e-mail notification to none. That will allow the alarm to be audible but the mail to be silent. The other idea, to set your sync schedule in ActiveSync, is also a good one but text messages can still come thru with an audible ring unless you set them to 'none' in the start-settings-sounds menu also.
  4. YoDude

YoDude New Member

A fairly easy thing to do to use your alarm w/o receiving the notifications is to go into the Comm Panel (Fn + Space keys) and turn on Airplane Mode. Then you can set you alarm volume to whatever loudness you want w/o worrying about other sounds and settings for the night.

'mhans311' already covered the app installation question pretty well, but I will add that you can go into Settings and choose ActiveSync or Disk Drive connection for file transfer (Start > Settings > Connections > More > USB to PC).
    I use Disk Drive mode and it acts just like a card reader to the SD card in the phone. But I don't use Outlook, either - if you do, you'l likely want to use the Sync.
  5. Eckman

Eckman New Member

Thanks to all of you with the feedback. Everything seems to be good now. Again, thanks...