New Opera Mini native WM app

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by GldnBear, Mar 4, 2010.

1. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

New Opera Mini native WM app

Opera has released a new version of Opera Mini 5 for WM phones. Java is no longer necessary to run Opera Mini. I haven't had a chance to use it much, but seems to work as good as the Java version.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

this is nice, i like it!
    seems lighter weight than skyfire too
  3. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

Wow I'm loving this. In my opinion this is easily the best browser yet for touchscreen winmo phones. Looks exactly the same as the opera mobile 10 betas but runs way faster and smoother. I love how easy they've made it to manage bookmarks and the tab manager is beautiful. The thing I hated about the 10 betas was that it seemed to take forever for it to react to me clicking a link. I never knew if it was being slow or if it didn't recognize my selection.

One thing I hate that Opera did was drop the ability to minimize upon exit like in Opera mobile 9.5.
  4. manbat

manbat Active Member

It does run on nontouch screen devices....but the keyboard is buggy on my Q9m/c...numbers run on some letters will not work unless capitalized
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yes i have foundthat as well...i tried to type everythingwm.com but my W key wouldnt work...frustrating
  6. manbat

manbat Active Member

I also am none able to post here with the mini 5 WM beta......that is also irritating...lol
  7. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I was loving it until I discovered that I couldnt post in these forums. Didnt have the issues with certain keys/numbers/letters... just wont post in here.
    Very disappointed..I was actually going to inquire as to how to make it my default browser.
  8. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

Posted this from my Omnia. Must just be for touchscreen phones.
  9. manbat

manbat Active Member

Doesn't work 100% on my Saga and it's touchscreen. No w or numbers. Can not post here with it either.