New Opera 5 and 10 Beta release.

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by helltoupee, Dec 2, 2009.

1. helltoupee

helltoupee New Member

New Opera 5 and 10 Beta release.

Just read there is a new build of Opera 5 and Opera 10 Beta. Was posted on their RSS feed. New features include Opera Sync. Heading there to upgrade now. Will report findings.

Hell Toupee from my Q9C
  2. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

I love you and your rss feeds!
    Thanks for the heads up on the update
  3. helltoupee

helltoupee New Member

Been messing around with it. A few nice added touches such as the Opera Sync and being able the pick the folder for saved pages is very nice. Very stable. Turning out to be a pretty nice upgrade from Mini 4. Hope they put the RSS feed function in like Mini 4 and then I could abandon Mini 4 completely.

Hell Toupee from my Q9C
  4. manbat

manbat Active Member

Will the Mini 5 beta 2 work on other jbeds besides Jbed Rose on non-touch screen devices?..I'm at work or I would have already tried.
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

Mini 5 Beta 2 Start Menu Shortcut

If no one has done this already here is a Start Menu shortcut For Mini5 Beta2. It only works with Jbed Rose installed to the SD Card. Also included in the Zip is an Icon if you are using the "Sliding Menus" on Wm6.1..The Icon has a Transparent Background. For the shortcut to work with sliding panels you will have to redirect the Action URL to \Windows\Start Menu\Opera Mini 5 Beta 2.lnk after you have created the panel page. I leave the soft key as is and rename it JBed Rose....When Soft Key is pressed it will open JBed.

Attached Files:

6. helltoupee

helltoupee New Member

Thank you. You are the man ... bat ... err never mind. Thanks again
  7. helltoupee

helltoupee New Member

@ Manbat - I tried to edit the launch link but failed. I have Gmail Opera Mini 4 and Opera Mini 5 beta 2 in my list when I open my Jbed app manager and your link wont launch beta 5. I successfully edited the last link but not having luck with this one. I understand it has some thing to do with the last number in the string correct ? And I can't seem to find the ""how to" thread I used last time. Thanks again.
  8. manbat

manbat Active Member

I'll post some help when I get home tonight. Posted via Q9m\c Hybrid
  9. manbat

manbat Active Member

To Edit the ShortCut....

To Edit the ShortCut....You can open it with Wordpad. You should see something that looks like this....
    38#"\Storage Card\Program Files\JBedRose\jbed.exe" -run s11_

The s11_ can be edited to point to different apps that are installed in JBed Rose.

If JBed Rose is installed on the SD Card, use the file explorer to go to" \Storage Card\Program Files\JBedRose ". There you should see a Folder names" appdb ".

In that folder you will find folders named s0_ , s1_ , s2_ , etc. or similar.

I just used trial and error...editing the 38# file above.
    Replace the s11_ With one of the folder names in appdb. It will open corresponding apps in Jbed. I then change the name of the shortcut to the app it opens.

You can also just write a new shortcut with notepad. Just rename the "nameofshortcut.txt" to "nameofshortcut.lnk". No "s and the l in lnk is a lower case L.

In other Jbeds you can find the appdb Folder in Windows and the string can be edited to point there when creating Jbed App Shortcuts. The 38# is supposed to be the number of characters in the string....I usually don't change it and it hasn't not worked for me. I used this method on my Esmectec installed on my Saga.

Good Luck...If you have other questions...let me know. ========================== Edit: Make sure you allow System and Hidden files to be shown in your file manager.
  10. helltoupee

helltoupee New Member

There wasn't an appb folder but I just started with s1_ and edited the string with Total Commander. After I saved the file I would try to launch it. Mine seems to be located at s4_ . Ok it seems to be working once again. Your directions were spot on as usual. Thanks again.

Hell Toupee from my Q9C