New Official eXtreme Text Discussion

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by n99hockey, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

So is a "shortcut" file missing or is the option in our list that says 'Outlook Mail' gone when you follow a system shortcut?

Im now confused...
  2. cheri

cheri Active Member

sorry didnt mean to confuse you.

I have no .ink file for messaging....only the eXtreme icon in my start menu. When i click on eXtreme txt it goes straight to eXtreme txt no outlook option.

I have learned i can still mms and email pics via pictures and video ink....pia at times though.
  3. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Did you try the Resco Explorer option?

- sent from my Q
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

sorry jknight not yet...i will most likely today or tomorrow....i need quiet and the pc lol which are occupied
  5. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

No wories. FYI, that Resco Explorer link on the previous page is downloadable from the Q.

- sent from my Q
  6. cheri

cheri Active Member

thanx jknight...i will get to it. the pc room is the most quiet. so that is where i do alot of this stuff.
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

FYI,

I did notice that when they rightsoft key reads "message" I can click on that and get the screen that gives a choice of eXtreme or outlook.

Sorry jknight I havent tried your fix yet. I will.
  8. kimboorleelee

kimboorleelee New Member

I installed Extreme Text over TxtMan (yes, I still have the "old" Q) because Extreme Text keeps all of my txts in the default folders, whereas TxtMan just keeps the incoming txts there. I then use Jeyo Mobile Extender to store all txts (no, they are not threaded anymore) in Outlook. If you're trying to store your threaded conversations, I don't know how you can do that. If you're okay with saving the txts individually, my way allows for deleting old conversations--speeding Extreme Text up--but saving them nonetheless. BTW, it took four tries for me to get Extreme Text installed and working on my Q. The first three times, it slowed everything down unbearably even with *no* conversations. For some reason, it works fine now. So maybe a reinstall?
  9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i use the same system of texting and jeyo to remove them every night
    works great...been doing it since before XT
  10. somethingawful

somethingawful New Member

just purchased this program after using the trial, and I must say I do like how it threads, but just wish I could set it to take over / hi-jack (SMS) Messaging completely (yes, I DO have "System Shortcut to XT" checked.)

Only "bug" per-se that I've encountered (thus far) is that I have AIM set to forward any "offline" messages to my phone and when I went into the message, and tried to DELETE it, it caused the application (XT) to crash and asked if I wanted to report it to Microsoft...pfffttt....<_<
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Not sure if this last version brought this back or if some of my texts that reference a link the link got longer, but I've been having to more and more use the default text app to click on these. ET will pull up some of the link in the "Select Choice" screen but it just beeps at me when I click it because it doesn't capture the whole link. Anyone else?

[​IMG]
  12. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yes that happened to me yesterday when i got an sms from handango to dl software

-Sent from my Q
  13. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Thank goodness ET doesn't completely take over the default! Also I'm in the default a bit more with iText and/or Bubbles...it's just easier at times.
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

yah i noticed that myself TreeFrog.
    but since i dont really care for the regular sms i just made a short cut for the quick launch could do the same with rightmenu.
    Im too mature to be txting like i do lol oh well lol
  15. Spyderweb

Spyderweb New Member

Enhancement request

Don't know if this has been asked, but I would find it handy if you have the Auto Capitilize on, if the program would capitalize after "?" or "!", instead of just "." Don't know if the hard core texters use these much, but I do, and I keep forgetting to capitilize after using these special "sentence enders". Thanks!
  16. ggerard

ggerard New Member

it defeats the purpose of having XT. if you can't set it to default. doesn't it?
  17. TheRival

TheRival New Member

So i just purchased this program and it won't work... it loaded and installed but it freezes everytime i try and open the program

any words?
  18. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Do you have a million text messages stored on your Q?
  19. TheRival

TheRival New Member

not a million...but not a crazy amount either. it is working better and better now, i did a reboot and things seem to be getting better
  20. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Ok good. The more texts you have the longer it will take to load/send messages. I recommend exporting your important text messages that you want to save with Jeyo Mobile Companion.