New Official eXtreme Text Discussion

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by n99hockey, Mar 4, 2008.

1. cheri

cheri Active Member

im using the 1.12
    only issue was i had one capitol letter that wouldnt go away. But its resolved as far as i can tell.

I havent had any of the above issues. Im Q1 im wondering if its only he newer Q's having issues.
  2. cheri

cheri Active Member

ok noticed after reboot my messaging folder is gone in my start menu...why would ET eat my messaging folder? i dont want to do another master reset. Its the only change i made was downloading the update...lol usually i dont for a while....guess now i remember why im usually more prudent about that.
  3. I wonder if my XT issues are related to me updating the firmware on the q9m. These issues occured infrequently before, but now it occurs regularly. I just reinstalled it last night.
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

i imagine you didnt lose your messaging folder. mine just disappeared. cant check my email, its kinda a bummer...things had went well for me until this point.
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

Ok now this is just getting on my last nerve. I did check the eXtreme txt forum, looked for the .ink file for messages that would have been originally in my start menu. Searched here at EQ

I cant send mms and its tearing me apart lol...kidding...it is nerve racking though.

anyone got the messaging.ink file for a Q1. Mine is MIA somewhere.
  6. blazinazn

blazinazn New Member

Here is a copy of my messaging.ink from my Q1. Give that a shot and see if it helps.

Before you try that, did you make sure you show all hidden and system files? But then again if you were able to see the messaging.lnk file before then it should still be there.

Just double check to make sure though.

Guess i won't be upgrading to 1.12 anytime soon! :D

Attached Files:

7. cheri

cheri Active Member

thanks i will get it when im on the pc.

yeah i usually wait befor updating stuff. Lesson learned again! lol
  8. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

1.12 or 1.12.1 Problems?

There was a 1.12, now a 1.12.1 on Birdsoft site. I'm a registered user with a Q9c sitting on 1.11 so I hope we get some guidance here soon. Glad I haven't upgraded yet.

Is there any problems yet with 1.12 or 1.12.1 on the Q9c?

TIA,
    Todd/Indy
  9. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

At Ease...

Brian (Birdsoft) must be busy; he's seldom away more than a day it seems.

I did install 1.12.1 "over top" of 1.11 without any problems on my Q9c. YMMV, but that's my experience.

EDIT: By "problems" I was referring specifically to reports that "Messaging" had disappeared from someone(s) Start menu after upgrading to 1.12.

Todd/Indy
  10. I'm using 1.12.1 or whatever it is, but its working faster and smoother than 1.12. Only once in 24 hrs did I have the text/ number issue.
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no problems with 1.12.1
  12. cheri

cheri Active Member

lucky you...i smell master reset in my future and I am not happy bout that lol
  13. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

oh no!! :frown:
  14. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

@ cheri: in your start>file manager>windows is your messaging folder gone too?

- sent from my Q
  15. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Hmmm.. I am reading back through these posts... Sorry for not checking in quicker.

I have no idea how XT could or would have deleted a link file. The link file points at the registry entry that I change when you choose "shortcut to XT" so I dont even change any lnk(shortcut) files or anything as changing that registry entry does the same thing?

Version 1.12 really only changed things that mostly affect the Professional version. It added Ok buttons, updates the Trial setting so people who had tried previous trials and it didnt work, can now try 1.12 to see if their issues were resolved, fixed a stylus thing in options, and then gives a little more informative load error messages... It really shouldn't be affecting usage on Standard devices??! I dont think.... I would have let everyone know had I thought it was a worthwhile update for you guys to be sure to get....

I will keep looking and trying to resolve this stuff, but it may have to wait until early next week when I have a little more time...

Thanks!!
  16. cheri

cheri Active Member

Well, the ink was there when I dl'd the softward and after reboot it was gone. When I click on eXtreme now it goes straight to eXtreme I do not have the outlook option at all.

To answer jknight's messaging folder is still there but cant find the .ink file.
  17. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

You should be able to highlight the Messaging folder and do menu>file>copy to and then go to windows>start menu and paste it. It should then be a shortcut in your Start Menu...

**EDIT** Sorry, it's create shortcut that I'm thinking of and it's greyed out...

****EDIT #2**** Resco Explorer has the option to Send to Start Menu as shortcut that's not greyed out...
  18. cheri

cheri Active Member

well i tried it before you edited and copying the folder doesnt help.

I will have to give it a go later. Last day of work here and I am just kind of ramdomly taking breaks
  19. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

Ya, sorry about that (was having a brain fart). I'm pretty sure using Resco Explorer will work for you.

<crossing fingers for you>
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

dont cross them too long or our you'll neuralgia and we dont want that! jk

I will let ya know what happens..Thanx!