New Official eXtreme Text Discussion

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by n99hockey, Mar 4, 2008.

1. blazinazn

blazinazn New Member

I have the latest version installed as well. I will say that I didn't delete all my old text messages when upgrading versions.

Hockey did you delete all your old text messages when upgrading XT?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i use jeyo mobile extender for outlook and remove my texts off the phone every evening on to PC into outlook

but when i did the upgrade no they were all there
  3. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

It is rather strange that some people seem to encounter this slowdown more than others, Im not sure if it is Phone related and is more dramatic for some, or some people's expectations exceed others or a mix of both. But yes we have to sort your entire database on startup and have to load them in on entry of the particular "contact" the first time you view them, so there is a performance hit the bigger the conversations get. I did a ton of optimizing so that this wouldnt be quite as noticable(a lot in 1.1) and Im sure there is more that I can and will do, but yes, Microsoft didn't design the database to be accessed threaded so....

Wow a New Thread!!
  4. drait

drait New Member

I know this is a Q-dedicated site, but I tried out XT on my step-daughter's Pantech Duo the other night and while it seems to work just fine, I noticed it had serious problems with MMS messages. The Duo also runs WM6 Standard, but for some reason it utilizes a single "Messages" inbox for both SMS and MMS messages. XT would barf an error at startup about it not being able to read the messages in and it could be due to one or more corrupt MMS. In order to get that message to go away, I had to delete all the MMS in the Sent Items, Deleted Items, and Inbox. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else had similar issues.
  5. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Yes, we do not handle MMS, since all carriers have to handle each on their own so they all are different implementations....
  6. section539

section539 New Member

ET and Outlook Mail

Has anyone else noticed that while using ET that everytime you send or receive a message it puts a "tmail.exe" into the task manager? I wonder if this isnt the cause of some of the slow downs? Is there a way to stop this or do you have to periodicaly go to the task manager and kill them all?
  7. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

If it kicks it off it should eventually close it as well... It 'shouldnt' have anything to do with any slowdowns.
  8. section539

section539 New Member

Ok

Ok.Thanks for the response.Love the program btw. It just looks a little strange to have 10 or 15 "txmail.exe" running at the same time. I'll keep an eye out for what you said.
  9. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

well, if you have 10 or 15 running, then yes, maybe it is.. I have never seen this..... I will have to look into this further... Hmmmm...
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

you can manually enter cell numbers in XT
    when u are at the message screen, click the menu and select type recpient
  11. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

is there a way to make extreme text my default texting thing?.. cuz everytime i recieve a text it still comes up under the default text folder.. is there anything i can do about that?
  12. n99hockey

please read the threads on this
  13. My problem with txt is getting worse. now the phone only allows #'s instead of txt at times in XT. I have to reboot the phone to get it to work again.
    I have reinstalled it a few times to no avail. I am going back to the older and more reliable version of the program.
  14. drait

drait New Member

I'm now getting reboots, and I think I've traced it to my combination of using XT with the system shortcuts set to XT, and Auto Keylock showing status icons. If I leave XT as the default messaging app and the auto keylock screensaver comes on, it'll sometimes respond really slowly to the unlock softkey, and then promptly reboot.

I tried disabling the screensaver and XT seems to behave just fine. Likewise, I reenabled the screensaver and took off the system shortcuts to XT and it behaves just fine. Maybe a memory leak from one or the other apps?
  15. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

lately ive been have this problem with Extreme Text that when I go to text it automatically starts typing in symbols instead of letters and I have to go back and press the function key to get it to type letters. Has anyone else had this problem? Its very annoying because half the time i dont notice and have to go back and delete the whole text and rewrite it.
  16. There are a few of us with this issue.....
  17. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member

is there a way to make it so that extremetext never closes? id like to have it running in the background at all times
  18. n99hockey

dont hit the exit button just hit the home button to take you out and back to the hs and it will run in the background

-Sent from my Q
  19. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member

do i have to set the softkey system shortcut thingy? right now its not set that way and even if i hit home and try to go back to xt (maybe half an hour later) it tries to reload all over again
  20. drait

drait New Member

I think XT rereads the message store every time it's launched and/or brought to the foreground. Otherwise it wouldn't display any new "threads" since the first launch.

Has anyone tried out the new 1.12?