New Official eXtreme Text Discussion

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by n99hockey, Mar 4, 2008.

1. jchice2

jchice2 New Member

Sprint Pic Mail

Hey

A while back Brian fixed an issue with XT opening Sprint Picture mail links. I just noticed that is it not working again. I am using v. 1.12.1 . Does anyone now if Sprint changed the way the send the link? Thanks

Jammie
  2. sulster

sulster Active Member

Sorry- I have no idea... I know Brian monitors this thread, so hopefully an answer soon... You might want to shoot him an email, too.
  3. He's updated software, but I think with 6.1 this program will become a sitting duck.
  4. jchice2

jchice2 New Member

Correction: No issue, i rebooted the phone and everything works fine. Thanks and sorry for crying wolf
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

TF blog....

8 days ago i got Q9c...instantly upgraded to 6.1 with threaded sms...sweet! 8 days later...today...couldn't take it any longer and re-installed ET.

I missed the contact pictures....
    I'd go into the 6.1 app and sometimes it wouldn't mark as read...actually more than sometimes! Have to scroll up/down to mark as read....
    Just plain visually not as cool.....

blog end.... =)
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

didnt even mess with 6.1 threaded text...installed XT right away too

-Sent from my Q9c
  7. jchirempes

jchirempes New Member

I was wondering if you guys have had any problems lately with text in XT not sending a text in the program and not showing up in the 6.1 threaded text either? I have the program stored on the device not the memory card? Plus as I was typing this I just got an error message from windows mobile..mmm
  8. sulster

sulster Active Member

Well, I have been using the 6.1 Threaded text and keep getting weirdo error messages that say my texts didn't send. except i wasn't sending any...
  9. I have problems when i get a txt while typing it erases what i had.
    I am actually growing tired of the program and the promises that were made (i.e. better address lookup) back in the early part of the year.
  10. jchirempes

jchirempes New Member

I enjoyed the program before thread messaging was out but I guess I can live without it.
    One part of the program I do enjoy is the pic contact. It's very strange the way the program is acting now. I guess I will either A. Delete the program and reinstall or just Delete it all together and go back to the regular messaging.
  11. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Hello?

*ping*
  12. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Hello all.
    Well, a small update of Extreme Text has been released. I hope to do more with active development on it again now. This release was more to get it displaying correctly with WM Pro High Res devices but a few changes can be seen in the Standard version as well(a couple new themes and some other cosmetic things).

I actually did start the select contact hookup, but then realized that it will take a bunch of re-structuring(of the Extreme Agenda version of that screen) in order to allow it to be brought over. So I didnt want to postpone this release to try to get there as I am unaware of just how many people are still actively using the program...

Thanks

Hope all is well with you guys... I just bought 2 new devices(well not new one is a Q9C) and now that WM Marketplace is around I hope it gives this market a jumpstart it needs so I can continue development on some of these fun products!
  13. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Cool...I still use it as my primary texter!! Plus i like how it marks all the texts in a thread as read...unlike the default texting in 6.1 on my Saga! Thanks!!
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

welcome back Brian!
    glad to see you around and still developing for WM

still rocking extreme agenda!
  15. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

16. ryandelman

ryandelman New Member

XT instead of SMS

Is there a way to get XT to completely take over the functions of the native SMS (for the Q9h)?

I'm referring to the same thing that happens when you install, for instance, Agenda One and then click on the Calendar button on your phone. When you do this, the phone automatically displays the Agenda One program.

I can't seem to make this happen with XT despite that I've checked the "System Shortcut to XT" box.

Also, I searched through all 20-some odd pages of this thread and wasn't able to find a specific answer to this line of questioning, so if I missed it, please point me to the post.

Otherwise, any/all help is appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ryan
  17. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

only option as of yet is to do what you have done...make ET the default and then the screen pop up to choose ET or default.
  18. Thomas_BA

Thomas_BA New Member

Like XT very much. Just two issues.

1. After a '?' the next word won't start with a capital letter.
    2. I am not able to display the time in 24 hours mode ony am/pm even my phone is set to the 24 hours mode/display.
  19. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

1. yup! an '!' also....
    2. also a yup!!

maybe Brian will stop by after the holidays! i have a auto-scroll glitch on my touchscreen mouse saga also...
  20. Thomas_BA

Thomas_BA New Member

Any news from Brian?