New MSU update for AT&T Q9h Global

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by marmarinou, Apr 8, 2009.

1. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Well...if anyone sees a difference or notices any improvement, please let us know.
  2. knyght

knyght New Member

nothing new to me
  3. Quantify

Quantify New Member

This update was alrady loaded on my mysterious Q9h with WiFi, although instead of a code for BP Flex it says "entfix".

A few small improvements:

1) don't dismiss the aGPS. I now get an immediate location, even inside a building.

2)The autocorrect is now more like the iPhone: suggestions pop up in a bubble, rather than in-line when you're typing. I think this is more convenient.

3)the suggestions in contacts when addressing an email is VERY helpful.

4) in contact list, you can select which email/phone number you want to dial for a person just by using the dpad, rather than having to select the contact first.
  4. bmurf

bmurf New Member

How do you know it is the same update if your BP reports a different version number. Also, what version AP are you running on your mysterious WiFi q9h?
  5. Quantify

Quantify New Member

Good point, I don't know for sure it's the same update, but it has the features mentioned in the official announcement, so I made the leap.

Regarding software: Here's what I have:

AP: 01.1125I

AP Flex: NANORMANINT00009

BP: entFix

BPFlex: USNORMANBPATT01NAR2W611B006
  6. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Not worth it for me to do this and go thru the process reinstalling and customizing and registry edits and redoing my various sliding panels.
    I dont use the predictive text, the GPS is already stellar - I lock on quickly to as many as 10 satellites and I already have the email suggestions.
    Maybe if I decide to wipe the phone and start from fresh, I will also do this update..but for now it's not worth it for me personally.
  7. sweetypie

sweetypie New Member

i agree with this . :laugh2:
  8. Q-Me

Q-Me New Member

Let me throw this in: I'm still on 6.0. Is it worth it to upgrade to 6.1? Am I going to lose my apps like Facade, Mundu Radio, Memory-Map Radar, etc.?
  9. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Most all 6.0 apps work just fine with 6.1. You'll have to re install them and re register them but not any biggie for the gain. The first two things you will notice is speed AND battery life. After that, many other UI functions that you didn't have before. Anyone who says it's not worth it just has a problem with the little bit of work involved. The speed and battery life makes the upgrade REALLY a no-brainer. For the sake of a little time lost in re installing and re configurin things it's a GREAT trade-off. Go for it, man. You won't be sorry. :) -Q
  10. Q-Me

Q-Me New Member

OK, excuse the ignorance:

I installed all the aftermarket apps on the storage card.

So, turn off phone, remove storage card, turn on phone, upgrade to 6.1, turn off phone, insert storage card, turn on phone, click cab files on storage card to reinstall apps.

Does that sound right?

EDIT: Forgot to ask, am I going to lose my sym card contacts? Will I lose my preinstalled apps like Opera?
  11. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Correct. You will not lose you sim card saved contacts. anything you've saved as an outlook contact you'll lose. So back those up. Opera, IE, which comes preinstalled on the phone you will not lose.

any .cabs, pics, contact, emails, txts, homescreens not backed up will be gone forever.