New Motorola Q 9 Napoleon Coming To Verizon Wireless

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by omg its nate, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

thats what im here for lol
  2. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Any updates on Napoleon?
  3. cray1000

cray1000 New Member

WOW and to think i almost used my ne2 credit today to buy the q9c!!!!! THis thing looks awesome. Are we looking at like weeks, months or years?
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Nobody's really sure, but I'm leaning towards months.
  5. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

yeah, we are talking verizon here... months...
  6. dima

dima New Member

Months....well my NE2 will be burning a hole in my account by November so I hope it's out by then. Assuming VZW doesn't tear it up and lock it down, it's gonna be a tossup between this and the Treo 800w assuming that ever shows up, depending on features and price.

I wonder what speed processor it has in it? Treo's only got a 333 MHz but it does have gpu support but the one I tried at the Sprint store didn't seem all that fast to me.
  7. vaxick

vaxick New Member

It's gonna be months away, there is no doubt of that. I'm betting the next big phone release from Verizon will be the BlackBerry Thunder. And besides, Verizon isn't going to launch a new Q when the Q9C is still so new on the network.

I'm getting the Thunder myself personally. The Q9N just isn't anything special anymore and that screen resolution is a thing of the past now. Way too small when both RIM and HTC are giving their phones much larger resolutions that make web browsing so much better.
  8. cray1000

cray1000 New Member

man that sucks. I have this ne2 for a while now, the longer i wait to use it, the long it will take to get it again.

Should i get the Q9c? What about this blackberry thunder? I have hated the interface on the blackberrys i have tried, is this one better? does it native sync with exchange 2003?

what about the vx6900? is that a better choice than the q9c?
  9. vaxick

vaxick New Member

As nice as the Q9c is, its hardware is starting to really show its age. All the other Windows Mobile devices hitting Verizon this year all have higher specs. The biggest problem with the Q being the lack of RAM. I actually bought it since it has a GPS inside of it that was unlocked, but it isn't exactly working too hot. Seems to take minutes to get a signal sometimes and other times it won't get one at all. The assumption is the phones are lacking a proper GPS driver. About the only "cool" feature it has that only one other PDA on Verizon has of phones currently on the market is EVDO Rev. A which is a pretty nice upgrade as content downloads very quickly.

The Blackberry Thunder is the first touch screen device from RIM. It's basically going to be the true first rival to the iPhone on Verizon. Not too much is know on it yet outside of the fact the screen technology is like the iPhone in that it's a multi touch screen and that it will be a world phone. The release of the phone is expected within the next 3 months. October seems to be the popular window right now. Oh, also the resolution of it will be 360 x 480 and will have a 624 MHz CPU.

I actually own a 6900 myself. It's alright, but I'm already looking foward to getting rid of it whenever the Thunder comes out. The touch screen isn't the most responsive out there compared to other phones and I'm just personally kinda tired of Windows Mobile in general.
  10. rage151

rage151 New Member

<p>
    </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Over in Hofo, a link to the RIM patent for their touchscreen technology has been posted. It was interpeted by one poster as though the Thunder will have a pressure sensitive screen. Instead of haptic feedback slightly vibrating the whole phone when the screen is touched, it is assumed feedback will be given only in the area touched. Something the iphone doesn't do.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Just adding to the Blackberry info.....</p>
  11. backdown00

backdown00 New Member

Look towards mid September for this phone to launch.
  12. jgmallis

jgmallis New Member

Which phone

The BB or the Napolean?
  13. robotphood

robotphood New Member

Not sure if verizon has a similar hack but with the aGPS hack, my sprint q9c gps starts up in 15 seconds. Sometimes less than 10 in certain areas. Pretty flakey without it though (couple minutes or sometimes not at all).
  14. backdown00

backdown00 New Member

that would be the q9n, the BB thunder will be out around october 8th give or take 1 week.
  15. jgmallis

jgmallis New Member

Thanks, I can wait 'til then, but not late fall as some have speculated. My carrier (Qwest) is switching from Sprint to Verizon, so I have the opportunity to upgrade. Don't need the BB, the Q is enough for me, would like 6.1, a better camera and WiFi. Hope VZW doesn't cripple it too much.
  16. backdown00

backdown00 New Member

I actually just had the privledge of seeing one being used by someone .I was unable to take pictures... but it def looked nice, back is very very shiny lol.
  17. abdomega

abdomega New Member

Likely the biometrics scanner is at the top/back part of the phone. From the second picture, of the back, you can see what looks like a beveled edge where it's sort of cut away. That's my guess.
  18. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

any other news or updates???:laugh2:
  19. work4crown

work4crown New Member

This looks awesome!

I have been considering getting a Motorola Q9C through Verizon when my new every two option is available January 9th 2009. I have played around with the Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard emulator, read the everything Q forums, played around with Q9C at the Verizon store and I am ready - except I have to wait until January.....groan.

But what is this? An updated Moto Q called Napolean due by Q4! (I hope) I am just praying that Verizon will not disable the wifi, jack the price way beyond the Q9C, require a data plan, etc.
  20. jgmallis

jgmallis New Member

Here, here Waiting to see what VZW does with this. I can get the Q9c now, but wanna see what this one looks like when it is released.