New Motorola Q 9 Napoleon Coming To Verizon Wireless

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by omg its nate, Jul 3, 2008.

1. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 New Member

Touchscreen- I don't see the big hype.

No offense to the iPhone fans, but I just don't think it's too impressive. I don't see what the big hype about touchscreens is. Personally, I'll never get one because it would be another thing for me to break- no thanks. I'm fairly rough with my phones, so having another item to always touch, smear, and mess with is not my thing. D-pads, scroll wheels, and keys work fine for me. Maybe I'm old school, but it's my honest feelings. As for a touchscreen and QWERTY- wouldn't get it because of the touch screen, unless that's all that was on the market, that met my needs.

I think the Napoleon device looks impressive. I wouldn't say I'm a "big-shot corporate" user, but I do own a small business, and having the ability to leave the country (1-2 times per year) and not skip a beat would be great. The Wi-Fi is nice for times when I might want to use Skype or have a bad signal (but a good Wi-Fi one). Also, the 2MP shooter is an upgrade (I know it's not 8MP, but oh well), and some of the other things are nice. Needless to say- the Napoleon, if released the way BGR has reported it, would be my ideal phone- forever. I'd probably buy a few of them so that I could have them for a while.
  2. sprintadv

sprintadv New Member

3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

soooooooooo how about some new news on the Napoleon:wink:
  4. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

yeah, some updates would be great!
  5. rpotterfl

rpotterfl New Member

Processor

I'm sorry, but I am really starting to hate my Q9M. It is so slow and so cumbersome to navigate with Windows Mobile 6.0 that I am about to switch to Sprint for their Simply Everything Plan and a new Blackberry or at least to a Blackberry with Verizon Wireless (my current carrier). If the new Q doesn't have a much faster processor and WiFi, then it is a dead deal for me.
  6. daemf2

daemf2 New Member

To be honest, I really don't like the appearance. It looks like something I would give a 2 year old to play with. :wink:

It seems like the new technology fashion is all dramatic lines and pronounced edges, which this phone does not have. It appears uniformly rounded.

The other Qs have a very well defined symmetry and shape as well as well placed lines. Its design reminds me of the Cadillac XLR-V, whereas this new Q9 Nappy reminds me of an Aircar.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Does anybody else see it?
  7. sprintadv

sprintadv New Member

1 of my complaints about the Q IS the sharp edges. It seems to dig into my palm as I hold i longer.

So I , for 1, am looking forward to the round edges.
  8. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Maybe you can answer this but why doesnt the Q run a standard Divx? (I know theirs a download for it since I have it on my phone but cant figure it out...) Im also wondering if the harddrive memory has increased?
  9. sprintadv

sprintadv New Member

I played with my sister's iPhone last night briefly.
    Impressive.
    Not a fan of the touch QWERTY but everything else the MAC OS runs seamlessly. No delay or hickups to get to another screen or function.
    The Wi-Fi is the thing that really makes this nice. Hooked up to the net @ my parent's house without having to go into the den to use the PC.

What Apple has done is given the average user something that works as expected out of the box. Most avg. users don't need, want, or care for hacks like my sister.
    If moto, samsung, or blackberry can make a NoHeadachePhone then they will steal some marketshare.
  10. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

Verizon is crazy slow when it comes to releasing phones. Ebay is always an option. You could probably pick up an Q9M pretty cheap and just wait it out.
  11. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

I like the bubble car and not the Caddie. So it stands to reason that I like the new Qs styling. Just crossing my fingers that Verizon leaves Wifi and the European bands. They usually take out wifi on their world phones Samsung i830 and the Blackberry 8830 come to mind. The GSM versions of these phones have WiFi. The "world" versions do not.

The irony is the only time I really want to use WiFi is when I leave the country because data can be expensive in other countries, but you can sometimes pick a hotel with free Wifi.
  12. coolguy827

coolguy827 New Member

omg man i completely agree
    %100 with you on that one, i can see what you saying with EASE
    haha wow
    GOOD POINT!!!
  13. coolguy827

coolguy827 New Member

really? im trying to get one too but the cheapest i see them are at about 150
    =/ thats not too cheap in my house
    if you see anything, mind lettin me know with a pm or something?:tounge:
    thanks man i really need a new phone guess what i cureently have
    the
    LG.......
    VX.....
    8100!!!!!!!!!!!! shut up i know :'(
  14. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

nothing wrong with an LG, HOWEVER the Apple phone *insert sneer* is not allowed in this house :tounge:
  15. coolguy827

coolguy827 New Member

Lol thanks
  16. BigOrange

BigOrange New Member

Why would that be useless? Seems like you could lock the phone with this protecting precious data in the event your phone is lost or stolen. Perfect for Government and Govt. contractors with sensitive data.
  17. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

Okay, I won't give you a hard time about your phone. But, the Q9m was going for around $150. I've found it for a little less than that $125 to $130. I consider this to be cheap compared with the unsubsidized price of the phone. And, if you then consider the fact that you can sell it back on ebay once you get the phone you really want. It doesn't seem so expensive at all.
  18. coolguy827

coolguy827 New Member

Well to say the truth this is the phone i really want. The only reason im not going to VZW to buy it is because i dont want to renew my two year contract even though i am due for an upgrade. Once my two years are over i will negotiate a lower plan price for the family then I will purchase the top phones out for a discounted price. But for now, for the next 8 months (until my 2 year contract ends) this basically is the phone i really want.
    And sadly i can not really afford it because the profit from the 8100 wont make enough. Any suggestions on a nice but cheap phone that my friends will not laugh at?
  19. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

The original Q in black or silver. Those should be really cheap now. And, when the Napoleon finally hits the market, the Q9m/c will go down in price too. So then you can upgrade without the contract.
  20. coolguy827

coolguy827 New Member

Hmm.. good idea, the black Q does not sound too bad but the keyboard, i really was interested in the Q9m. But hey i think i will get one actually. Thanks man, if you see any good deals, let me know :)