New Motorola Q 9 Napoleon Coming To Verizon Wireless

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by omg its nate, Jul 3, 2008.

1. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

If it is a 1500MaH slim battery, I'll gladly take it for my Q9h.
    Hopefully there'll be another upgraded Q for AT&T
  2. robotphood

robotphood New Member

Hopefully for sprint too...
  3. seanatki

seanatki New Member

A slim battery it is, but not like what you may be thinking...

Attached Files:

4. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

size

What is everyone's guess on size? If it is wide like the q9h that would be a major negative. If it the same width as the q9m or q9c that would be great.

I realy thing the width of the q9h is too much.
  5. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Uhhhhh... I believe that the qh, qc and qm are the same width.
  6. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

Q9h is slightly bigger...and it is definitely noticeable.

Q9H is: 4.65" x 2.64" x 0.46"

q9c/q9m is: 4.61" x 2.56" x 0.47"
  7. robotphood

robotphood New Member

Ah, neat. I wonder if it gets better battery life than?

Hrm, didn't know the Q9H was wider. Held on in hand before and it seemed like it was the same size as a Q9M. Wider than the Q9 series would be a bit much. I was playing with a Blackjack II recently and I like how it's just a bit more narrow but much more comfortable in hand. It's battery life was nice as well. I kind of wish I wasn't stuck on sprint :frown:
  8. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

To me, the size difference between the Qs are negligible, but everyone's perception is different.

Disappointed that I won't be able to use that new battery.. this just increases my hope that AT&T gets a newer model. Based on the battery life I get with my usage patterns via the current slim battery, a 1500 MaH will fit my needs perfectly.
  9. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

it will be interesting to see how long it takes verizon to release this one! hopefully it is sooner than later. i will definitely be upgrading to this one! i thought i was gonna go back to the touchscreen darkside when the samsung i770 comes out on verizon but this sure looks to be the perfect smartphone. cant wait!

that battery looks positively huge in there - should be good!
  10. Tyrrell

Tyrrell New Member

Ugh..my cellular provider doesnt even seem to want to upgrade from the Q to the Q9C, so I dont think Ill ever see this new one (unless one goes for cheap on ebay :p )
  11. Strygun

Strygun Guest

Unfortunately, this announcement makes me slightly ticked. I was JUST about to go buy a Q9C from VZW when the news of the Napoleon leaked. Now, I have to make a decision... go buy the Q9C, or wait months(?) for the Napoleon. To be fair, the features of the new one are definitely desirable, considering that I tend to travel the world at least once a year, so having a phone that can work on pretty much any network would be really handy.

Grr...
  12. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

If verizon lets cingular take this phone over Im DEFINATLY gonna switch carriers. Other than that, the phone looks very fitting but I wonder if the OS will be 6.1? The "toggle" or middle button looks a little small for bigger fingers. Ok, im done critiquing the phone. Chris, Did you say it had a fingerprint scanner? If thats the case wheres the eye? That kind of scanner (unless im wrong) seems to sensitive to be anywhere else other then the top of the phone or on the side.

*edit heres some new infor....that may or may NOT be true. Once again just speculating from an alternate site
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Motorola-Napoleon-Q9-phone-p_3010.html
  13. sprintadv

sprintadv New Member

14. Surfer

Surfer New Member

15. Tyrrell

Tyrrell New Member

16. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I'm not sold on the BlackBerry Thunder just yet. There are a lot of issues they must tackle and touch screen hasn't been their forte.
  17. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

touchscreen keyboards = fail

and yes Strygun, I feel your frustration... I recently purchased a Q9C and to hear news of this is very annoying. My last phone took a dive into the Atlantic ocean a few weeks ago, and I guess I can take comfort in knowing I didn't really have a choice though... what am I going to do? *not* have a phone until this Napolean ships?

either way... I think this is more of an answer to the Q9H for ATT... the CDMA/GSM thing is completely designed for big-shot corporate users that frequently travel, and seeing as I only leave the country maybe once a year... if even that... a feature like that would be almost entirely useless. Especially considering you can't just pop in an ATT or T-Mobile SIM and use it, I believe Verizon has it locked down on Vodafone sims only.

I am not really impressed with this new Q... or I should say... it's not impressive enough to drop your current Q right now and camp outside the verizon store to wait for it. Show me a touchscreen Q and I'll get excited... as it stands this Napolean is just a Q9H with a facelift and a tune-up.
  18. Surfer

Surfer New Member

touch screen keyboards cant be to much of a failure, look ok ebay you can see iphones 2s selling for like a grand. ive never seen a q on ebay for a grand :tounge:
  19. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

yeah the iphone is trendy and all... but I like how you can hack Windows Mobile to do just about anything you want it to. I like that freedom, even if it's a bit sluggish and rough around the edges.
  20. robotphood

robotphood New Member

I agree, but people are doing more and more with jailbroken ipods everyday. As for the new Q, I like the wifi, slim 1500mah battery and other extras but not much different than a q9. What do you guys think about a Q with all of that plus a touch screen (320x320?) with only the qwerty keyboard without the softkeys? Sort of like a treo.