New merger info on my Alltel page

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by crikev2, Apr 12, 2009.

1. crikev2

crikev2 New Member

New merger info on my Alltel page

I went to Alltel.com today and when I entered my zip code it stated Verizon integration information, where it used to say merger updates and the message was totally different. Prior it used to talk about how I would not become part of the merger now it talks about how I will soon be part of the Verizon network.

Anyone else have this new message, I of course am in a divested area. Just wondering if something has changed?
  2. pellet

pellet New Member

Did you get your letter in the mail indicating that your area was one that was going to be merged to Verizon? I got one about a month ago indicating that the merger was going to happen in my area, so that's how I know I am going to be switched to Verizon.
  3. crikev2

crikev2 New Member

Not yet but it says that Verizon will be sending letters out soon to my area I guess I just have to wait and see. I am hoping it is Verizon and not some crappy little company.
  4. pellet

pellet New Member

True - I hope the same thing by me... Even though I got the letter, I saw a "map" that shows who and where the mergers are going to take place and my area is not shown on the map... I guess we will both have to wait and see.
  5. eggz

eggz New Member

I got a letter in the mail today from alltel that stated I will have to update my phone on the 22nd of April to continue using their service. I plan to update.
  6. pellet

pellet New Member

What kind of update are they talking about? Do you need to go get a Verizon phone?
  7. eggz

eggz New Member

Very sorry should have been more descriptive. I will need to dial a number to update software on my current phone. lol
    I think my area is cutting over on that day and will need to update the access for cell towers.
  8. pellet

pellet New Member

Ah, like doing the *228 option 2?
  9. eggz

eggz New Member

Yes. It says that on April 22 I will have to dial *22899 wait for the prompt for successful programing then it will be finished. I also got a letter from Verizon today anouncing the cutover date for my area. I will officially be a Verizon customer on May 30th of this year. Woo Hoo WM 6.1 here I come. It is the small things in life.
  10. designerinbloom

designerinbloom New Member

I got a letter a couple months back in the mail saying that I would be switched to Verizon, and haven't heard anything since. Are they just slow in coming to my area?
  11. eggz

eggz New Member

Merger Info

I was merged today. I acctually became a Verizon customer today. Moved over my billing information to My Verizon. They are having issues. I cannot get texts from anyone other than a Verizon customer. When I called customer service they are having the same problems all over the network. We were the first ones to get the new service based on fewer customers to deal with in that area. We were the first to acutally make the switch. They are supposed to call back with the fix we will see.
  12. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Where are you?
  13. eggz

eggz New Member

I have a 757 area code for Virginia which is where the conversion is taking place. I am physically in Florida.