New job brings me Q, but Mac user at home

Discussion in 'Mac and Motorola Q' started by kimtrygg, Oct 16, 2008.

1. kimtrygg

kimtrygg New Member

New job brings me Q, but Mac user at home

I'm experiencing multiple issues. Just want to know if any "super user" out there can help me out. I'm a "for life" Mac junkie... Data life was perfect until recent job change. Entire life (personal and multiple shared family calendars, plus all contacts) is loaded on Mac at home. Here are my issues in a nut shell:

• New company offers to pick up cell phone bill (YAY). Moto Q is awesome - able to utilize Active Sync to get work stuff on phone. First dumb question - Is it even possible to sync to two different places? Work and home?
    • MobileMe is a great tool, but incomplete for my needs. New company is on MS Exchange, so MobileMe is currently unable to sync to Exchange. 2nd question - Any known work arounds out there?
    • If I can't get all contacts and calendars in one, then (3rd) is there a mobile application that I can load onto the Q that will allow me to view my MobileMe calendars and contacts?
    ANY help is greatly appreciated!
    :gasp:
  2. sherri

sherri Active Member

Yes, it is possible to sync to more than one computer. Just make sure you select the proper info to avoid conflicts.

For mac computers, there is a program called "the missing sync". Don't know if this helps. Dashwire is a great program to back up contacts/internet favorites/photos/texts.

Search around, someone else will be here shortly!

Welcome to our family!
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

go with everything sherri said.
    for the second question, the Q can sync directly with MS exchange. I use my 3 email accounts (only one is exchange) exclusively from my Q.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and of course, welcome aboard..
  5. knic1590

knic1590 New Member

ok took it off, sorry
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

NO warez/cracks allowed here at EQ.