New Issue w/WM 6.1? -- Random reboot/shutdown?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by ian13550, Jun 5, 2008.

1. nparrott

nparrott New Member

Thanks Azibo
  2. GilmourD

GilmourD New Member

has anybody run Windows Update on your WM6.1 Qs? Is it possible that there's an update waiting to fix your problems?
  3. nparrott

nparrott New Member

Tried it... At least a couple days ago there was nothing...
  4. 4512jth

4512jth New Member

I took my phone to the sprint store after this started happening. they told me my phone was phisically broken and they had to get me a new one.
  5. Bartlett

Bartlett New Member

My first Q9c, which I quickly returned to the local Sprint store exhibited all these problems with windows 6, before I installed any third party apps. I have been using my replacement for the last 2 weeks and only had 1 freeze up, related to TCPMP.

That being said, I still have fear about the device due to the first one, and have not bothered with WM 6.1 since I don't care if I can cut and paste in IE or having threaded text messages. The physically broken assessment is probably a more likely culprit than 6.1 though - depending on how long you all have had your phones of course. Some people reported the symptoms you are having 2-6 weeks after getting their Q9c, mine was breaking down while I was on the phone activating it.
  6. nparrott

nparrott New Member

I have only had my phone for about 2 weeks next Monday. What do you suggest?
  7. nparrott

nparrott New Member

Have you had any issues since then? Are you running 6.1?
  8. Bartlett

Bartlett New Member

I called tech support and told them what was going on. They gave me a ticket number which I took to the local corporate sprint store and they just handed me a new phone. I got my phone online through the SERO plan, and they still had no issue with the exchange in store. They were only eager to do the swap since I was in the first 30 days. If you don't find some software error and it gets horrible (mine stopped powering up at all after about 30 battery in/out reboots) in the next few days, just get a new one if they will do it.

They did not seem too surprised I was having this issue, though the store itself said they just got the stock of Q9cs and hadn't seen any in that condition. If you google search crashing Q9c, there is a plethora of posts from early this year on different sites, far beyond what i was able to find from "comparable" phones. I really like the Q9c though, so I would suggest getting another of the same assuming it is available (see the discontinued threads).
  9. nparrott

nparrott New Member

Bartlett, do you know where I could flash back to 6.0? I am curious if that would help?
  10. Bartlett

Bartlett New Member

I never even tried to upgrade to 6.1 being wary of microsoft for one and for 2, from the posts I have read here it is effectively impossible to downgrade. Even a master reset of the device will not rollback to 6.0. Note that the issues I had with my phone were on WM 6.0. I think my post was 2-3 weeks ago, titled something like excitement to nightmare to pleased if you want to compare my issues to the ones you are having. if they are as similar as I suspect, it is probably not related to WM 6.1 anyways.

Added: Link to that post
  11. azibo

azibo New Member

Mine never crashed on 6.0, and I had it for 5 months. Then, as soon as I switched to 6.1, the problem started. Totally lame! I still love 6.1 and it actually hasn't happened for the past 4 days.
  12. Bartlett

Bartlett New Member

Odd that you were also having the issue then. Doesn't sound too wide spread. Definitely something to keep in mind should I decide to upgrade.
  13. dirtysouthrider

dirtysouthrider New Member

If you have sliding panels as your homescreen ....it will auto reboot and shut off.....i changed mine and it hasn't done it since...
  14. nparrott

nparrott New Member

How long have you gone without a reboot?
  15. azibo

azibo New Member

Hmmmm, this is very interesting. Since I switched back to windows sliding media panels from the regular home screen my problem disappeared (2 weeks ago). Very odd.
  16. dirtysouthrider

dirtysouthrider New Member

2 days no reboot!!!...sliding panels is the issue
  17. nparrott

nparrott New Member

As of this morning I changed my home screen. NO SLIDING PANELS... We will see how it goes, if it solves the issue I will be MOST HAPPY...

Thanks again for your input dirty...

I will keep you all posted!
  18. Meph

Meph New Member

Mine has been rebooting randomly since I upgraded to 6.1 as well, but never freezes. It doesn't happen all the time, maybe once or twice a week and hasn't been an inconvenience as of yet.
  19. nparrott

nparrott New Member

Sad to say that I just had a reboot, sliding panels isnt the issue for this Q9c... I wish it was that simple... Anyway back to the chase... I have asked b4 does anyone know of a way to get back to 6.0?
  20. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

I don't think there is a way to go back to 6.0 after you have updated to 6.1........:blink: