New Issue w/WM 6.1? -- Random reboot/shutdown?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by ian13550, Jun 5, 2008.

1. GilmourD

GilmourD New Member

Does a hard reset restore the WM6.1 registry to factory stock?
  2. miguelchin36

miguelchin36 New Member

Nope, it will still be wm6.1.

on another note i installed the 6.1 since the first day of release and had a few reboots every other day. so friday i got fed up and did a hard reset. it has been running great, the only problem i had is SmartToolKit, it keeps freezing on me so i killed it, other than that i haven't got any problems, i got google maps, tcmp player w/flashbundle/aac, sk tools, windows live w/messanger, Screen Capture, sMMS, Registry Explorer, Chome/Weather, Rinku, Jbed w/mini opera & TeaShark(waiting on Skyfire), show the clock all time hack, unlock registry and minor customazations.
  3. ianlacy

ianlacy New Member

I have had the rebooting issue as well. However, it seems that my phone will reboot only after I have been using the GPS with Google Maps for more than five minutes.

Hope this helps.
  4. nparrott

nparrott New Member

Interesting.. Sounds like yours has been working pretty well miguel, how long have you been running w/o a reboot?
  5. lickwid

lickwid New Member

I just had it happened to me a few times. Once yesterday, and once again right now. It basically just "restarts itself." One second I'm trying to send a txt message, and the next I put my phone down and I see the Black Motorola screen. Then it boots up. Oddest thing. Can't figure out what's causing it.
  6. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

same here, while txt msg.
  7. D.Rich

D.Rich New Member

Hey, could it possibly be a gps error with wm 6.1??? I've only had mine do this to me once, and it may have been the day i was experimenting with the gps (i've only had my q9c for 2 weeks)
  8. GilmourD

GilmourD New Member

Sorry... I come from the world of the PC technician, so I know a couple terms that I use might clash here.

What I meant is... If you do a hard reset after WM6.1 is installed, does the registry return to the same state it would be in if WM6.1 were to be installed fresh on a new phone or would it have any remnants of software installations?
  9. papped

papped New Member

Hard reset would reset the registry to stock 6.1
  10. miguelchin36

miguelchin36 New Member

Not long, only 3 Days since friday, that is one more than usual!, but i guess i open my mouth to soon, google maps wont open now, lmao. ill get back to you guys on that one! (but even then no random reboots)

Sorry, i meant to answer yes, of course if you had anything installed to the storage card it will leave it in your program files, in which cased i deleted my self before i installed everything again. and if you are installing tcmp with flash bundle for youtube and other flash video streaming, you must remove everything related to it even if on storage card.
  11. nparrott

nparrott New Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to go back to 6.0

I LOVE 6.1, but this constant reboot problem is almost enough for me to go back, until it gets fixed.

As far as GPS related, it could be, I am still experiencing the problem and I havent even accessed the GPS functionality on my device after the last Hard Reset.
  12. miguelchin36

miguelchin36 New Member

so i think i fix my issues

google maps is running great even with gps, dont know if this is related but if you have CHome weather make sure on advance settings you have "Reload HomeScreen to (N) this will make it slugish or freeze some times(by the way running newer version 3.0), after changing the CHome settings all my apps including SmartToolKit are running great! and here i was blaming SmartToolKit!
    (4 days with out random rebooting :happy:)

ohh and just in case you guys might want to make sure predictive text is off as well.
  13. azibo

azibo New Member

I've been experiencing a lot of random rebooting, and I can't find any common theme. I do have google maps installed, and at first I thought there was a correlation with the gps functionality, but now it seems to happen just completely randomly with no common theme. Come on motorola and microsoft. I love 6.1 and the Q9c, but this is the most frustrating thing ever. How can you have a phone that doesn't even stay on properly. A phone should be able to make calls, and stay powered, at a minimum. Yours can't even do the latter correctly!

p.s. there is a similar thread at sprintusers that I started before I saw this one
  14. miguelchin36

miguelchin36 New Member

Sucks to hear that, like i said the only thing i found that was creating a problem was the reloading of the screen on CHome weather and now i have CHome Weather 3.1) once i change it to (N) i been running 6 days with out rebooting. by the way i have google maps 2.1.0.10 i dont know if that makes a dif or what you have.
  15. nparrott

nparrott New Member

I wish I could say the same mine rebooted 1x this morning without any apps running at all... Do any of you know how to get back to 6.0 once the phone is already upgraded to 6.1????
  16. glorify

glorify Member

Have Google Maps w/6.1 and no random reboots. No Chome Weather, but CHome Configurator I do use.
  17. Travisimo

Travisimo New Member

I have a Q9C from USCC with 6.0 and mine has randomly rebooted several times. Are you sure it's related to 6.1?
  18. nparrott

nparrott New Member

This is the first report of 6.0 having this issue that I have heard of. Although at this point I would not totally rule out. Maybe its a batch of faulty devices?

Anyone else?
  19. nparrott

nparrott New Member

For those of you who are having this problem. How many of you are using the "sliding panels" on your home screen?

Just out of curiosity . . . (I'm fishin for some common thing between us)

I might change my layout from sliding panels, and see depending on the responses I get back...
  20. azibo

azibo New Member

It happens on mine regardless of the home screen.